What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Another Serious Question For You, Alley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troyholc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Another Serious Question For You, Alley Reply with quote

Alley,

I really hope not to offend you or anyone and so if you wish not to answer, it is understandable. I will try to be as general as possible with my question as well.

1. I read your response to the question on religion (I also asked you the same question in your December chat). You mentioned that about religion leading to war. I'm a history buff and don't dispute this with the fact that virtually all wars are started due to religious disagreements, land, or money. But my question is are you someone who feels war is never necessary or do you believe, that sometimes it is? For instance, Germany never attacked the US yet we went to war with them in 1941 (and my opinion is it should have been done earlier), but we went to war because we felt it was right.

2. If you do believe there are times when it is acceptable, what would some conditions be that you would like to see met before we went to war?

3. A little less deep question, I seem to remember you saying in a journal entry once that you have thought of being a kindergarten teacher. Are you still thinking about this? If so, how far along are you in your goal? If not, have you thought of doing something different or just continue modeling (which I'm sure, like me, no one would mind you just modeling! Very Happy )

4. I mentioned I'm a history buff, but I also love English Literture (especially Shakespeare) as well as, math and science (I have a degree in Astrophysics). What were your favorite subjects in school or what do you like reading (when you not reading all our posts and working)?

I hope this isn't to much and I hope I was general enough in my first question. I look forward to your response and thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
troyholc
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: War/Goals Reply with quote

Well...the topic of war is very deep. I'm not a history buff as you are so you may know more than me but I think there are some times that war is necessary and there are times that it is not. I think it sucks how young men have to die out at war and the only compensation the surviving family's get from the government is 12,000 USD. That is such an insult. I think the whole thing is sad but what can you do....right? If you ask me....I'm more for peace and not war....which is why I didn't vote for Bush.
I don't know a lot about what happened between the US and Germany back in 1941 but I do thank God that the war happened. If it wouldn't have, millions more people would have died and God knows where we would be today. It's an extremely sad occurance. 1941 really isn't that long ago. It's crazy to think that such EVIL did exsist here on this Earth and that people could be capable of such things. This is why we should all be very thankful for all the loved ones that we have in our lives, for our health and happiness and never take it for granted.

This is only my opinion and respect others opinion as well. I hope I have not offended anyone either. Since this topic is an extremely deep topic but interesting I will have to leave it at that.

I'm looking more into photography. No, I'm not interested in shooting models. I would like to shoot children instead. We'll see what happens...

My fav subject in school was PE Very Happy

AlleyBaggett.Net - The Official Site
http://www.alleybaggett.net
troyholc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Alley,

Thank you for responding to my post. I actually tried to make the post general so any response wouldn't make it clear who you voted for, but thanks anyway [from other things you've said I kind of assumed that was the way you voted anyways]. And no worries about offending me, even though I voted for the other guy. It sounds like you knew something I didn't though. I only heard about the $12,000/family benefit over the past two weeks. I surprised to because I watch the news constantly [Fox, ABC, and NPR (well, listen to NPR)]. If you haven't heard though, in Bush's budget being sent to congress he wants to increase the amount from $12,000/family to $1,000,000 and make it retroactive allowing those families who lost someone in Iraq and Afghanistan to also receive the $1,000,000. The trouble is Democrats like Ted Kennedy, who ideally support it, are still complaining about the budget [BTW - Ted Kennedy has sent over $10 billion to Boston for a freeway that now leaks and has huge cost overruns according to an ABCNews report from a couple years ago]. The other problem, and these people I agree with, is the military itself, because the funds would only go to those killed in combat. The military says that where they die should not matter, and I agree.

Since you told who you voted for, I would like to explain how I came to my vote. I voted for bush only because with Kerry constantly saying "more foreign help with Iraq," he never said how he would get it. Had he said specifically how he could get it, I would have voted for him, and I think a lot more would have, too. I am only infavor of the republican ideal when it comes to overall freedoms [although lately neither sides been doing good.] Republican ideals in this area are simple: no government involvement in your private affairs; for example, an individual could have as a spouse anyone they want as long as they don't force their lifestyle or views on others. [force=get in their face screaming or hardcore making out in a highly public venue].

Basically, I work out to being a constitutionalist [pro-democracy/people choosing/government out of private lives] when it comes to the government, and, although this goes completely against bush's policies, economics wise I am a Democratic-Marxists [i.e. I like this marzists ideals, which my idea is that Christ would, too, but I don't agree with forcing it on people as in Cuba, China, or USSR. I believe in convincing people it is the best way]

Well, enough for my long speech. If you have any thoughts on any of this andyou would like to share them, Alley, or anyone who is not closed minded [calling me names, swearing at me, etc.], I would be happy to hear them. I am always open to changing my mind, i just haven't seen evidence to convince me to do so yet.

Sincerely,
troyholc
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Farenheit Reply with quote

Have you seen Farenheit 911?? Just wondering....if you did....and what your thoughts are of that movie.

troyholc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Just for you, Alley. Reply with quote

Again, I want to start off by saying I hope nothing I say offends you. If it does let me know (from your responses so far it seems that my responses and questions don't).

To answer your question, I had not seen Farenheit 9/11 until tonight. I never planned on seeing it because of all the horrible almost hate speech Michael Moore was spewing during the election. I didn't want to give him any of my money. (Just so you don't think it's a liberal or hollywood thing, I can't stand Anne Coulter or Sean Hannity, the far right-wing commentators, either). But because I wish to respond to your question with knowledge instead of opinion, I rented it today and watched it. I will have to get back to you on some of the issues brought up in it though. I refuse to ever take one persons view of something, no matter who says it.

There is somethings I can say though. First, although he may be right about only one congressman having a kid in the armed forces in Iraq, one of the people he tried to get to enlist their kid has at least one niece or nephew over there. Although still not as good as it should be (and I do agree with his premise that those who send others to war should send their own first). However, I would say the congressman themselves should go. In the past the people who sent troops to war fought right along side them or at least were on the battlefield. The King and Queen were in the middle of London while it was being blitzed by the Nazis. They had the ability to leave, but refused because they felt it wasn't right for them to be out of harms way when their people were dying.

Also on this subject, where I agree that many poor only have the military as an option, they did choose to join and had to realize they could be sent to a war they did not agree with. He is also being disingenuous. It cost him around $10 million to make this film. It is considered to be making a profit after $15 million (I used to work in a movie theater which is how I know how this stuff works.) Although I believe I heard he made much more than this, lets say he made $25 million, himself, on this film. Lets also assume after taxes that is $12.5 million. I heard someone on the radio the other day say they wanted a condo in San Francisco, but it was $700,000. So Michael Moore gets a good house for $1 million. That leaves $11.5 million. According to imdb.com, he is going to be 51. Assuming he lives another 50 years (better medicine in the future) and we want him to make $100,000/year after taxes (or $200,000/year before), he would need $10 million so he would never have to work again between now and when he turns 101. Now that is assuming no interest sitting in the bank. That leaves $1.5 million. We'll let him put that in a special account that will gain interest and can be used to pay stuff like property taxes (remember, all of this money has had all types of payroll taxes already taken out, so those won't be applicable each year anymore.) So now he doesn't have to work ever again, but, from imdb.com, he is doing a farenheit 9/11 2. If he gets 1/2 the amount of money he did on the first one, so about $6 million after taxes, he could pay 4 of those black youths in his movie $50,000/year for thirty years (or 2 at $100,000/year) on this money alone to mow his lawn, walk his dog, wash his car or whatever. I know this doesn't sound like a lot by california standards, but I worked in Flint where these kids were from and at the time I was making $30,000/year which was more than enough. (I'm making even less now, but still surviving.) So if he really wanted to show me he cared he would do something like this.

Finally, one little addition. He meantions in the film Genessee Valley Mall was in the suburbs and wealthy. That mall is where I worked. It has gangs in there every weekend (although they have tried to crack down) and is anything, but upscale. Upscale is the mall where my sister works with a Saxs Fifth Avenue.

So as far as other issues go, I still need to research the information. If you have anymore questions though, please ask.

Two final questions for you:

1. Do you like questions/statements like mine the same, less, or more
than others such as questions that don't ask you about sex or tell
you how wonderful different parts of your body are? It seems to me
you like both, I just don't want to bug you about stuff you would rather
not discuss so as not to offend any of your fans.

2. Have you seen the film Farenhype 9/11? It was made as a response
to Farenheit 9/11. I rented that, too, although watched Farenheit 9/11
first so it didn't taint my opinion even more against Michael Moore.

Again, I hope to hear from you again soon.

Sincerely,
troyholc
AlleyBaggett
Official Model

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello Troyholc,

It's okay..... You can post anything you want that interests you. I'll read it and If I do have something to say about what your thinking/sharing with us....then I will let you know.

I haven't seen either one of those movies. I heard Farenheit 911 was good though. It would be interesting to see both though. Thanks for letting me know about the Farenhype movie. Very Happy

troyholc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: A somewhat less serious question. Reply with quote

Alley,

Again thanks for replying. This message board is really quite cool because, although I know you probably keep some stuff to yourself, it really feels like I'm getting a little idea of who Alley Baggett really is, beyond being just a gorgeous goddess.

Anyway, I was curious as to what type of music you tend to listen to? I listen to a lot of celtic/celtic-inspired music, but I'm also a child of the 80's so I hae to love that music.

Also, going back to the previous stuff we've been talking about, have you seen the movie Michael Collins? The reason I bring that up is that a lot of people, usually those like Michael Moore, tend to say is we're going after Osama and all international terrorist, we should also put a stop to the Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland. This movie is about the man who tried to make peace with England, but the fanatical wing of his group wouldn't accept his deal because it let England still have the 6 counties of NE Ireland. Now the movie isn't 100% accurate, but it does give a good idea of how things got the way they are now. They also bring up the fact that IRA members have bombed places in England making them international terrorist, but in fact, they are from Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom just like England, Scotland, and Wales, and is ruled from London.

Thanks again for the great conversation.

Sincerely,
"Troy" aka troyholc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: