What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

RPG - Dating Sims for JusticeBabes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: RPG - Dating Sims for JusticeBabes Reply with quote

Well- awhile back we talked about the RPG dating sims-- For awhile it just didn't make sense to me how you could try to 'date' the superheroes-- and trying to design some game that models after those dating games that you guys were raving about off of newgrounds...

Ok- after playing most of those dating sims online games- i just came up with an idea a few nights ago for how it could work on JB....

Here's what I was thinking:

All the JBabes have a secret identity- (Well some of them you guys may already know who is who.) But your "goal" in the game is to try to date the babes.... Get close to them and try to get dates with them... Level up your Character so he builds up his Charm/Strength/Intelligence/Powers to impress the girls....

You can try to become a "Hero" too by working on your "Powers" skill- in case some Babes prefer to date guys who are Heroes. So some of the things you can do as options in the game will be "Fight Crime".

The game will be modeled similar to those Dating Sim games. Once you advance in your relationships with some of the Babes they will 'reveal' to you their secret. That's what you want to work towards.. Get them nake... and of course- eventually get to the point where you can get laid too... (Like in those dating sims.)

All super heroes/heroines have a life outside of the "fight crime" job-- so I think this game is a way to dive into that area...

This game will let you "learn" more about each of the Characters... Do you have what it takes to date the JBabes?

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
hollow

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: City of Single Heroes Reply with quote

Apologies for not responding sooner...

One big problem is that everyone's going to automatically know who everyone is just by looking at them. Everyone will be worth trying, but there's no surprise. (I keep thinking of some offbeat variant where there's five brunettes you could date, but only one is actually Wonder Broad...)

Another problem: this is mechanically still too close to other dating sims. The Powers skill could be interesting, but only if crimefighting is developed as a major feature. Otherwise it would be just another hoop to jump through.

Finally, the reward is also no different from other dating sims. Well, except that the art would rewl. =) What's different about sex with a superheroine?

I'm still strangely attracted to the idea of roleplaying someone like Lucky. I haven't had time to work on the code recently, but I have a prototype that lets you scope out city blocks and rob them. Trouble is, it feels a bit tedious in places, and I'm trying to work that out. What I may do is put in the code for paying your gang members, so that there's pressure to build up the stash, and show you that so far, and see how you like it. It's in Java, but I'm hoping it will be straightforward to port to Shockwave if you wanted.
HSHP

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Hm. Reply with quote

"What's different about sex with a superheroine?"

I guess that depends on whether or not that superheroine is She-Bulk or not.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: the Powers Reply with quote

I think the powers thing could be interesting. Adding in the element of using Powsers/building up powers.

But Sex with a Super Heroine could be interesting... Smile

I like your idea about a bunch of brunettes and figuring out which one is the real one..

The Mechanically too close was what I was aiming for-
Since it is a formula that works pretty well in Japan for the the genre "Dating Sims".

The game you describe about being a villian and building up an empire.. Sounds more of a Gangster/MobRule/Mobster/Pimpwar genre....

-R

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
shoog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: RPG - Dating Sims for JusticeBabes Reply with quote

I just want to add my vote for developing a dating sim for the Justice Babes. I think it would become the most popular feature of your fine website!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

Glad to hear a fan speaking out on the RPG!! Thanks for your support!

nemo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald,

As I mentioned in my previous email, modeling a sex simulator either in conjunction with www.3d-sexgames.com or in a similar style created independently might be the way to go. 3D, motion simulation, with sound effects and location, clothing, toy options would let the membership get to know our heroines in a hole new way.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: 3d sex sim Reply with quote

nemo wrote:
Ronald,

As I mentioned in my previous email, modeling a sex simulator either in conjunction with 3d-sexgames.com or in a similar style created independently might be the way to go. 3D, motion simulation, with sound effects and location, clothing, toy options would let the membership get to know our heroines in a hole new way.

Not sure about doing it in conjunction with 3d sexgames guys since they are using 'non standard' software plugin downloads... which can be bugged with spyware and adware... i'm not too keen on using anything that is not by Macromedia Shockwave....

And programming such a thing is a huge undertaking and the revenue of the JusticeBabes membership $$ right now does cover my expenses to drop all my work to do this....

I used to program 3D games (MMORPG) for Kesmai, a game company I worked at along time ago. It's very involving to create such a thing. It also requires alot of work from Jeff (or a 3D modeler to create the 3d object files and animation movement sequences for smooth motions.) It's many many months of development to produce a "Quality" bug free product.... In an ideal world if I had more free time and less responsibilities in life... I would work on this...

Plus there is no "guarantee" that this will sell well. It's a niche... I'd hate to spend many months and hours of programming on something that only gets a small hand ful of people satisfaction.

I think the dating sims game is something very doable.... And it is something I am exploring right now.

Keep posting ideas and if a lot of fans are interested in a potential 3d sex simulator... I'll start exploring that some more... but one project idea at a time is best... not a good idea to have a million projects and not have anything finished.

-R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: