What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Is the RPG Project Dead?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vixine Forum -> Vixine.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RomLoneWolf23k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Is the RPG Project Dead? Reply with quote

It's been ages since I heard of any updates on the Vixine RPG project.. What's become of it?
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the RPG Project Dead? Reply with quote

RomLoneWolf23k wrote:
It's been ages since I heard of any updates on the Vixine RPG project.. What's become of it?

Hi RomLoneWolf, I think Martin is best suited to answer your question on this...

If you're referring to an adventue based game then that is something else.

I would like to make an RPG game more towards the end of this year after my other projects.

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rom!
I could try a few excuses, some of which even believable (incredible, right?) but I'll settle for the truth:
I've shelved the VRPG for a while, due to a few small problems (a busted knee being one) and, of course, Real Life keeping me busy, preoccupied, or both.
Mind you, that doesn't mean I've abandoned the project forever...
RomLoneWolf23k

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. ...Well, I might try to write a version thereof in GURPS, in that case.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that might be interesting! I mean, the Hero System and GURPS systems are way more suited than the D20 for that kind of stuff... You see, I only used the D20 because it's the most common.
Keep me up to date about how it comes out, ok?
Oh, and if you need help, additional info or stuff... Well, I'm always around.
(If you didn't get it yet - almost impossible - you got my blessing, man! Very Happy )
RomLoneWolf23k

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, now that's a nice gesture, thanks! I'm definetly going to stretch some of my creative muscles for this; at least to get my writing skills back in gear so I can then write something I get paid for. Wink

I did wonder, though: is the "only non-sapient creatures are bugs and birds" thing absolutly necessary for the Vixine feel? 'Cause I was thinking of a variant where furry species share the world with ordinary animals (inspired by the webcomic Fur will Fly.)

It avoids the more complicated issues of what kinda meat the carnivores eat, and adds an interesting dynamic with furries co-existing with their unevolved "cousins": What does an anthro bull think about people eating hamburgers, for exemple? Are there really evil predator furries who like eating other anthros? In fact, I'm now interested in the idea of a nation of Mongol/Rohirrim master horseriders who happen to be anthro horses themselves, and are skilled riders and horse breeders specifically because of their kinship.

Anyways, I've got the original Alpha files from your D20 version to tap for info, plus the comic and the message board. I was thinking of taking a more open-ended "insert character/kingdom here" approach allowing for GMs to customize their campaign. But a basic "the world of vixine" intro file would be good.
Martin
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did wonder, though: is the "only non-sapient creatures are bugs and birds" thing absolutly necessary for the Vixine feel? 'Cause I was thinking of a variant where furry species share the world with ordinary animals (inspired by the webcomic Fur will Fly.)

It avoids the more complicated issues of what kinda meat the carnivores eat, and adds an interesting dynamic with furries co-existing with their unevolved "cousins": What does an anthro bull think about people eating hamburgers, for exemple?

Well, my answer to that was the introduction of the Kefseys... you know, the huge chickens (no need to make a beefburger when a single hen has enough meat on it to feed a whole village, right? Very Happy )... After all, in OUR world (the real one) many people get sick at the idea of eating, or even watching others eat, monkey meat (me, for example), thus I imagined a like reaction from anthro herbivores.
But, as the old RPG concept goes, "Your campaign, your world, your rules", meaning that within your creation anything goes...
Come to think of it, that's almost exactly the way fanfictions work Laughing
...as long as you don't try to force-feed it to others as canon, that is.

Quote:
Are there really evil predator furries who like eating other anthros?

Yes, quite a few monster races do... first and foremost the Unbunnied Trolls.

Quote:
In fact, I'm now interested in the idea of a nation of Mongol/Rohirrim master horseriders who happen to be anthro horses themselves, and are skilled riders and horse breeders specifically because of their kinship.

Beware of what you suggest, at least when you're dealing with a mind as weird as mine Laughing ...
When I read that, I imagined a clan of equine master horseriders... taking turns: half of them ride, the other half gives piggyback rides Laughing Hardly dignified, don't you think? Very Happy

Quote:
Anyways, I've got the original Alpha files from your D20 version to tap for info, plus the comic and the message board. I was thinking of taking a more open-ended "insert character/kingdom here" approach allowing for GMs to customize their campaign. But a basic "the world of vixine" intro file would be good.

See above, I'd say... After all, it's not like I'm gonna wake up someday and do a "Crisis on infinite Vixines", DC Comics style Very Happy...

Well, on that note, I'd safely say you can start writing stuff!
false

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need help with this RPG I can do some PHP. I know PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML, JavaScript and all that stuff, would love to help. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vixine Forum -> Vixine.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: