What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

More Aid in My Searching Requested...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onimusha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: More Aid in My Searching Requested... Reply with quote

From the starting point you gave me, I have found almost everything I need to make my story happen. I found textures, models, and characters that are awesome indeed.

I think I even found several of the characters you guys have used for Justicebabes. I could reveal them, but you seem like you'd rather keep them secret (though I'd love to know if I was right or wrong, so let me know if I can post them here).

Now for the questions:

I have realized that the only true way to judge a model, a character, a texture, or what have you, is to buy it and install it. Since I have already wasted about $30 on doosey downloads, I'm wondering if you'd point me in the direction of something specific.

The last piece in my puzzle are weapons. I've found dozens of potential downloads, but I'm leary of buying them for fear they aren't exactly what I want. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to reveal who makes weapons that fit the following criteria:

1) I need my melee weapons to be "down to earth" and not too much on the fantastical side.
2) I need my guns to be fully morphable and also as realistic as possible.
3) I need both (and this is the most important part), to have hi res, detailed textures and high poly count models.
4) I need to stay under budget (I saw some weapon pack going for over $100!).

Again, I'd like to thank you for the small but extremely significant tips. I've gone from having a pipe dream of a comic book to actual practical character designs in a matter of days. All from that one post you put on the boards (renderosity is absolutely amazing).
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renderosity has some good deals, but not everything is perfect. A lot of props are not parented to the hands, so you have to do work moving things around. I have a huge amount of material in my library that I purchased and been dissapointed in, and a lot of stuff I just haven't gotten around to using yet. Some merchants there, like Batlabs and Baron Vlad Harkonnen offer great deals on first quality stuff. Some, like Billy-T, cost a little more, but are usually worth it. Look for comments on the products, and you should be able to seperate the good from the not-so-good. Most stuff for Poser is reasonably priced, but 3DS models and stuff for other packages can be over the moon. Turbosquid is a model site with outragous prices. I've had to get a few things from there that I couldn't find anywhere else, but it makes you see just how much of a bargain `Rosity and Daz are.

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
onimusha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Daz is a little pricey... Reply with quote

I find Daz is a little pricey compared to Renderosity, as is RuntimeDNA. But holy cow are you right about turbosquid. I also have no idea how to get a 3ds file into Poser (and I assume you probably need 3ds Max which I don't have).

Again thanks for the tips, I'll be looking at the user comments in more detail now.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you join the Platinum Club at Daz, you get some really sweet deals.

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: