What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Duncan Muir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saor Dubh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Duncan Muir Reply with quote

Name: Duncan Muir

Species: Biast Dhubh (Sea Otter)
(Traditional Gaelic name for the sea otters that live in Scotland’s coastal waters.)

Height and Build: He is over two meters tall, that’s about 6’ 6” and, like most aquatic mammals, he has a slim but powerful build and is a very athletic swimmer.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Though he can appreciate a good looking male as much as the next, he feels no physical attraction towards those of the same sex.

While able to build any type of furniture, or complete any necessary repairs on buildings and such, he is better known for his small but extraordinarily detailed and lifelike carvings. These carvings often capture their subject while in motion and are so detailed they seem almost ready to leap into motion once more.

Coloration: Chestnut brown with a lighter underbelly and, oddly enough, light blue eyes.

Clothing
Upper body: He wears a simple long sleeved cotton shirt of a light cream color, loosely laced at the throat, with leather vambraces on his wrists to keep the loose sleeves from getting caught on his tools. (I know there is another name for these, but I can’t find it. Vambraces are pieces of armor and these are more like protective gear)

Lower Body: Wears a traditional Scottish kilt with a blue and green tartan pattern and, like all true Scotsmen, nothing underneath. The larger patches are the blues and the stripes are green. These are his clan colors, meant to represent the ocean that gives them life.

Footwear: On his feet is a pair of well worn and comfortable brown leather boots that rise to mid calf with cotton or wool, depending on the weather, boot socks that rise just above the top of the boot.

Accessories: His only adornment is a circular, silver, Celtic Knot hanging from a leather cord around his neck.
Image for Reference:

Occasionally, he carries a brown leather satchel that contains his smaller wood carving tools and knives. This kit contains a large variety of small and strangely shaped knives, chisels, and other common woodworking tools. He also has a tool belt that holds his larger carpentry tools, worn only when he is working on a large job where they might be required.

Speaking Voice: He speaks with an undeniably Scottish accent. Years of travel outside Scotland however, have softened the accent to a more understandable level, sort of like what you might hear in movies made outside of Scotland. The more excited, upset, or tired he becomes the heavier his accent gets. Occasionally he’ll throw a word or two of Gaelic into the conversation for emphasis.

Brief Personality: He is a very calm quiet type of person, the kind of person who rarely speaks but when he does everyone stops to listen. Completely opposite of his calm nature, his hands are always moving, usually carving something out of a small block of wood. He carves whatever catches his attention. Freezing an image in his mind and transferring it, in great detail, to the block in his hand. Finally, he always has a small smile on his face, as if constantly amused by the strange ways of these people who are so different from his homeland.

Very, Very, Brief History: Born and raised in Scotland. Got bored making furniture for those who preferred simple sturdy work instead of the intricately carved pieces he could make. Left home and traveled for several years, avoiding England like the plague, before arriving in BonBon and setting up shop.

Weaponry and Fighting Prowess
Though not normally a violent person he was raised in the Highlander warrior culture and as such, he is a brutally efficient fighter. He avoids battle when possible but, when it is unavoidable, he goes about it in a ruthless and efficient manner attempting to end the fight as quickly as possible. In keeping with his generally non violent nature, Duncan would not carry any weapon openly while in the town of BonBon, instead they would be left at his shop. The only time any towns folk would see them is if a situation where they are needed arises.

Melee: For his main weapon he carries a Sparth battle axe (known as a Dane axe outside of Scotland) with a three foot wooden haft, which he can wield one or two handed. The axe and haft are both rather plain but of solid construction. The only decoration is a Celtic knot carved near the base similar to the one worn around his neck.
Image for reference:

As with most adult Scotsmen, he also carries a small knife, only a 4 inch blade, known as a Sgian Dubh (loosely translated as Black Knife) worn hidden in the sleeve under his left armpit. The knife lives up to its name as the hilt is made from black bogwood and the sheath is black leather, both completely unadorned.
Image for reference:

Ranged: When England occupied Scotland they used the famed Welsh Longbows to devastating effect. Some of the Scots took notice and used their larger size to improve upon the original design. The Scottish version of the English longbow can be nearly 7 feet in length and have a draw of over 200lbs. Though Duncan's bow is not quite that large, standing at about 6' 6" unstrung and having a draw at about 185lbs, it is nevertheless a powerful weapon. Most would believe that it would take a much larger person to use a bow that size but years of hard labor and constant swimming have packed his somewhat slim frame with surprising strength. Like his axe, the bow is plain and undecorated but of high quality. Leather is wrapped around the middle of the bow to provide better grip. The bow is otherwise unadorned.
He is a fairly skilled archer, having used a bow for hunting since he was old enough to do so.
Image for reference:

This is a work in progress. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement please post a reply and let me know.

Last edited by Saor Dubh on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReinaStorm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! And an otter is an unusual and unique animal.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, there is one female otter, and her name is Jillian, the engineer. Per your character, I have'nt read all of that just yet, but it looks fairly unique so far

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune174 wrote:
As far as I know, there is one female otter, and her name is Jillian, the engineer.

Really? Another Otter? And a female at that? Oh that is good news... Hold on, just looked her up. Seems she's been inactive for quite some time. Pity, I haven't had a chance to talk with another Otter fursona in years.

Quote:
Per your character, I have'nt read all of that just yet, but it looks fairly unique so far

Yes, sorry about the wall of text there. I have a tendency to include far more information than is necessary just so I can be certain that I didn't miss anything important.
Tariel_Uhara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always great to cover all the bases. Heck I even wrote a story about how my fursona began his travels to Bon Bon. (Unfinished though)
dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a nice and intrestring based fuirsona the details are placed well the weapoins though i admiot i ignored fully just due to the fact on how peacfull the town is i see no need of them

but other then that you have placed ya fursona well and welcome

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Saor Dubh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
the weapoins though i admiot i ignored fully just due to the fact on how peacfull the town is i see no need of them

I agree with you there but, I've read some of these RPs you guys have been doing these things can get violent. So I believe in being thorough. I'm not going to include any weapons on the character sheet I submit to Vanessa when I hit my Royal Member mark. They're for RP purposes only. Plus they show a little bit of his past. He traveled a long way to get here and not all roads are safe ones.
Arianoelle_Yenearsira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems like a wonderful character, well made and very detailed. *chuckles* Tempts me to bring back around an old otter character of mine from another role play site
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arianoelle_Yenearsira wrote:
He seems like a wonderful character, well made and very detailed. *chuckles* Tempts me to bring back around an old otter character of mine from another role play site

Maybe you should. Wink

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see Jillian post every once in a long while, but anyone who leaves usually have little to no choice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm it would be fun to have a rp with you. also nice to meet you.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=139945#139945
Alexandra
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10233
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: