What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Batman Begins!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Batman Begins! Reply with quote

One of the best (if not the best) comic book movie adaptation I've ever seen. (It's up there with X-men and Spiderman!)

It's definitely the best Batman movie (in my opinion). Probably more so then the first Burton Movie.

I highly recommend seeing this one guys if you haven't already.

What are everybody else's opinion on this movie?

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Dave T

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with you that it's easily the best of the Batman movies (but I wasn't a big fan of the Burton movies). And I'd certainly put it up there with X-Men, Spidey 2 and Hellboy as one of the best comic book adaptations to date.

I think it's interesting that fans of the comics really like the film but, so far as I have gathered, a lot of the general public find it a little TOO dark. I wonder if it might have been a better idea to release it a little later in the year – there have been comments (in the UK, at least) that it's so grim that it doesn't feel like a summer movie and might have been better suited to a release in the autumn.

This seemed to be echoed in France, where, despite a mega advertising campaign, it got thrashed at the box office by a breezy little comedy called The Russian Dolls which was released on the same day. And the French are HUGE comic book fans.
HSHP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a pondering, I haven't seen "Begins" yet, so I can't vote on Mr. Bale, but who, in your opinion, do you think was the best Batman and/or Bruce Wayne.

Personally, I'd say Keaton was the best Batman and Val Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well- I'd have to say Bale did a good Batman and under that mask, it was hard to tell if it was even Bale or not.....

I almost couldn't tell the difference between him and Keaton under that mask.

As far as Bruce goes, he did a great job being a Playboy Bruce Wayne as well.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
noahped

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Batman Begins" is an awesome awesome movie. I think it's the best comic book adaption ever, in fact it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Christopher Nolan is a great director, Memento is my all-time favorite movie and as soon as I found out he was directing the new Batman I didn't know what to expect, but I knew I was looking forward to seeing it no matter what. And he delivered. He really gave the movie a genuine style and really made the characters all feel adequate in it. And Bale's performance is outstanding...in my opinion he is the best Bruce Wayne/Batman ever. There are some really terrific moments in this movie and the ending is fantastic. I was highly satisfied after watching it.
thefatman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I loved batman begins. Unlikely (unless he already announced it otherwise) but I hope he remakes the other batman movies.

The movie was really well done. And I also liked Christian Bale. An excellent choice for this role. I did like Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer in the other movies. I guess if those actors were used in this movie, it might have turned out same. But anyway, the movie was great. One of the best comic book adaptation definitely. Enjoyed the whole movie.

EAdultComics.com Support Staff
Freman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must concur, Bale is probably the best Batman I've seen on screen.

He really takes you inside the mind of a man who would dress up as a bat.
tddesigns25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I liked about this one, is that they really developed the character and showed the meaning behind his actions.

I'm still ready for Spider-Man 3.
thefatman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm curious if they are going to 'remake' other batman movies. That would be cool. I'd like to see them done in the current director/producer's vision.

Is spider man 3 announced? I don't really keep up with movie announcements.

EAdultComics.com Support Staff
aliasNIGMA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
="... I think it's interesting that fans of the comics really like the film but, so far as I have gathered, a lot of the general public find it a little TOO dark. I wonder if it might have been a better idea to release it a little later in the year – there have been comments (in the UK, at least) that it's so grim that it doesn't feel like a summer movie and might have been better suited to a release in the autumn. ...

Cant go back. The one thing that screws good franchises in sequels is when they start rounding edges like that.

Original Ninja Turtles Movie was wicked... but all others were kiddier and kiddier on afterwards... and they sucked out.

Even the older batman movies got more and more kiddie... and they sucked out.

This Batman Movie is the first that actually shows the chracter with acurate representation. (other then adam west) This is the first film which actually shows Batman winning with his mind... solving mystery... handling evidence...

Not just some guy in a custume
Freman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote would also go the Batman Begins as the best of the franchise so far.

I've only seen Bale in Equilibrium and BB but he seems like a very talented actor with the right mix of darkness to play the Dark Knight.
masterjedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I thought "Batman Begins" was the beast in the series. I jut bought the DVD and it's even better the second time you see it. It was dark and sinister and Batman definitely had an edge that he was missing in the other films. I hated Christian Bale in Equilibrium, but then again I absolutely HATED Equilibrium as a whole. I thought he did an outstanding job in Batman though. He was great under the cape and cowl, but what really made him was his Bruce Wayne was a completely different character. With Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney, there wasn't much character seperation between Wayne and the Bat.

And I too absolutely CANNOT STAND THE TIME BURTON BATMANS!! Everyone tells me I'm completely crazy, but I can't help it. I didn't like Batman because there was too much Joker, not enough caped crusader, and I thought Batman Returns was plain bad.
Dave T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with masterjedi. I think Tim Burton is SO overrated. But I think I made my feelings clear a few posts ago. Smile

Something no-one has mentioned yet are the animated Batman movies. I think Mask of the Phantasm and Mystery of the Batwoman are amongst the best Batman adaptations I've seen. I'd certainly rank them up there with Begins.
masterjedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw the one about Batwoman, but the Maks of the Phantasm was definitely a quality adaptation. I'm surprised to see someone else who's seen and appreciates that movie!
Dave T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people dismissed them because they were animated and they thought they were just for kids. But they're really moody and dark and true to the spirit of the comics. It's really worth chasing up a copy of Mystery of the Batwoman if you can find it anywhere.
craigfox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked it BUT.... if you noticed in the original Batman The Joker kills Bruces parents.(Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?...I ask that of all my victims...) In this one, one of Falcone's thugs does. Other than that slight error it was an all around great movie, and I must say that Katie has really cute tits. I actualy met her when I was like 6 years old. I'm from Toledo. Her dad wrote my mom and dads living wills. CURSE YOU TOM CRUISE! Laughing
black wolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: the comic version Reply with quote

actually in the comics the waynes were killed by joe chill and bruce was consoled by a lady called leslie thomkins i believe. i'm probably wrong though.[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: