What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Of people passing on and humor concerning death/mortality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triadenforcer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Of people passing on and humor concerning death/mortality. Reply with quote

As some of us are aware, Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia from the well loved Star Wars franchise passed on, much to the anguish of all of us who love Star Wars. Some of us stay silent, others voice their own eulogies and create tributes, and some of us make jokes to cope with the tragedy. I am of the third option, mainly because I don't have any skill with visual art. But while the 1st and 2nd options are seen as acceptable, the 3rd option elicits anger and hate from people, because death is indeed unpleasant, and anyone who supposedly laughs at it is seen as being insensitive, an "asshole" to put it crudely.

I hypothesize that such emotions were indeed aroused when I said that "Carrie Fisher is one with the force", except such sentiments does not sound insulting at all, and I also found myself inclined to link to a youtube video, showing how the Mandalorians from Star Wars honor their deceased comrades, in the form of a funeral chant.

I mean, everyone wishes to be a Jedi or Sith, but I prefer a philosophy that encourages physical and mental fitness as a means to survive in a harsh and often unforgiving galaxy like the Star Wars setting, instead of relying on the ability to influence minds or levitate objects to bail oneself out.

http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13324

No doubt, the use of an "Retarded Meme" as Silvador puts it, does seem unsuitable to pay tribute to a genuinely nice person. And some of you here might wish me ill, for making a joke during someone's passing. But then, I found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_Fisher#cite_note-92

"Now I think that this would make for a fantastic obit—so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra." - Carrie Fisher

Imagine that, if the deceased was willing to poke fun at themselves in such a macabre manner, we who loved them when they were alive should be allowed the same freedom to joke about them in such a manner. It reminds us that we are human. Here are my own quips:

"Imagine how it infuriates Snoke to no end, that he didn't get to Princess Leia first."
"You see the look of sadness on Luke's face at the end of The Force Awakens?, that's not just mourning for his sister Leia, it's also regret for the time he kissed her."
"As she suffered from her Cardiac Arrest, princess Leia really regretted not going for Bacta treatment earlier."
"Princess Leia may have passed on, but the resistance still stands resolute to fight against The First Order and turn it into The Last Croak."

With all that said, I will state this:

I'm not perfect, I have my flaws and imperfections as with any other human, But I still try to be a decent person. And I don't recall any law saying that decent people are forbidden from partaking in Black Humor, Gallows Humor, Off-Color Humor or anything of the sort.

I am not your enemy. And the very nature of Vanessa's comic about being tolerant of anyone regardless of who they are or where they are from should also be how people talk to each other on this forum. If you're willing to do that, fine. But if you start hurling insults and behaving like an ass, like Silvador here:

http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12974

Then don't waste my time.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Triadenforcer,

Okay... now, mark this day down as a red-letter-day.

While I don't often defend Silvador's actions, I have to say, for this post Triadenforcer, you're a bit over-the-top with the calming melodrama.

Now, I can understand your frustration. Silvador does tend to wear his heart on his sleeve, and most everything he does is with a heavy dose of passion due to that. Was he a bit out of line... yes. However, you were equal parts out-of-line by drafting up this post. Was there confusion from both of you, as to what the other meant, yes. It happens. As such there was no need for you to make this post.

Anyway, I say we table the matter for now, and let it be water under the bridge. ))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: