What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Money makes the world go 'round...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> Jesse Capelli Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAjessefan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Money makes the world go 'round... Reply with quote

PTB and Ms. C -

So it's like this. I WANT to pay $20 a month - heck that's less than $1 a day! (So I get a grande instead of a vente...and why is the small "large" and the large "vente"?... that's a question for another post).

ANYHOW...

I GLADLY gave Ms. C $20 cold cash at Comic-con to buy her DVD - I'd have given her more for the comic, but alas, there was none. (actually, I'd probably have bought any thing she was selling that day... Drat for not having extra Penthouse issues...) (oh, by the way, the DVD was ok. Your part was great, of course, but I could have done without all the hotel stuff...)

ANYHOW... It's late, I digress...

Anyhow, the boss (my loving and often understanding wife) is in charge of our funds. She sees every transaction on every card, account etc. Heck, I like it that way... it keeps me honest... but she doesn't like me paying for online...er... content.

SO... I think it's high-time that someone come up with a BETTER way for guys who, like me, can fork over the CASH, but can't really use other means.

(heck, I'll leave a bag of $20s at the bar at Chandarette, or in the frozen foods section at Gelsons...)

So, ptb, what suggestions do you have?

Willing to part with $240 a year, $20 at a time,

mb

*(ptb = powers that be)
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Money makes the world go 'round... Reply with quote

LAjessefan wrote:
So, ptb, what suggestions do you have? Willing to part with $240 a year, $20 at a time,mb*(ptb = powers that be)

Hmm.. this is a trick question.... Let me understand this correctly-
You want to give Jesse $20 a month- BUT you don't want to do it on a credit card or online check because you're afraid your wife will see it....

Maybe- you should just tell your wife that it's a fan club- that you're paying dues for... Or get a different credit card / bank account that is setup for your "personal spendings" that she doesn't see.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bit of advice for you, be honest with your wife and tell her what it is you want to use the credit card to pay for. If you do something surreptitiously and get caught later (which could very likely happen) then she'll probably be quite angry with you and perhaps feel a little hurt too, by both the nature and secrecy of your indulgence. If joining Jesse's web site is something you just have to do then sit down with your wife and have a serious talk about it. Don't just throw out the idea in casual conversation, because she will most likely shoot it down instantly as sort of a reflex action. Then trying to approach the subject again seriously will be more difficult. Best of luck to you.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
LAjessefan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite.

See, she's FINE with me enjoying online content. She's NOT fine with me paying for it. She's aware of my surfing habits, but doesn't want to revisit past billing problems that we experienced with other private sites. (I had to cancel a Credit Card to ultimately stop one site from billing me...)

Ronald's option of setting up a secret CC or account is absolutely out of the question - I'd never hide $$ from my family.

I think Hustler Store or certain adult "Video Stores" should sell pre-paid cards, or something can be purchased with CASH from a physical location. If 7-11 can sell prepaid calling cards, why can't Pleasure Chest or Hustler store or what ever sell Prepaid CCBill, Adult Check, or other Account Cards.

So who is going to be the first to do this?
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAjessefan wrote:
I think Hustler Store or certain adult "Video Stores" should sell pre-paid cards, or something can be purchased with CASH from a physical location. If 7-11 can sell prepaid calling cards, why can't Pleasure Chest or Hustler store or what ever sell Prepaid CCBill, Adult Check, or other Account Cards.

Well- my option for a secret credit card is no different from getting a prepaid credit card- think about it some... (Its the same thing.)

LAjessefan wrote:
Ronald's option of setting up a secret CC or account is absolutely out of the question - I'd never hide $$ from my family.

You're get a new credit card- thus you're NOT hiding money from the family. Because getting a credit card is a "line of credit" you only send in money to the card when you owe them money....

So in theory... you get a credit card- and then you pay for that card as it bills you. So if that new credit card you get- you spend only $20 per month on it. Well- go to 7-11 and buy money order and send that money to pay the credit card.... The end result is the same. (that's if you're concerned with using a check book to pay the credit card.)

NOW- there are "prepaid" credit cards out there as well- it works the same way. You deposit some money to the card- and then you use the card. I've seen this some where before.. (If you buy these prepaid cards- couldn't you just use the prepaid cards to signup with?)

I think it's all a matter of view point how you look at it. There are many options out there....

Tho I like your idea of ccbill doing prepaid some sort of prepaid card- at stores.. heh... a matter of time...

-R

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
LAjessefan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald,

I appreciate your point, but you are missing my point. My wife and I have had problems with adult sites over billing or not stopping billing after we cancelled our account.

As I said, I actually had to cancel a card to stop the payments to one site.

My point of a pre-paid card is that by having a set amount protects ME from companies over-charging my accounts. Because of that abuse, my wife has requested (and she let's me do a lot) that I not PAY for online content with CCard, electronic check etc.

So my original post really was about alternative ways to send $$ for an account. Jessecapelli.com is the first site in 2 years that I'd be willing to pay $$ for.

Anyhow, I can put a fork in this thread. It's done.

mb
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- I think I understand what you're talking about now.

It's the "recurring" or the "rebilling" problem.....

It has happened to me too a few times when I signed up to some sites out there that was using IBILL.... believe me... I know what you're talking about with the whole rebill and even after you cancel it seems to rebill....

That's why we're using CCBILL for our processor service. And Jesse also uses it for her site.

The only thing I can say is- you have our assurance that there wont be any problem. and we can talk to ccbill (as I'm familar and close with the guys over at accounting and sales there) to make sure you don't end up with the rebill problem. In fact - if you plan to cancel and you want to make sure it's fully canceled - hit me up... or if you see a problem-- hit me up... and i can check it and make sure it doesn't happen to you.

that's the best i can say.

-R

Wildcard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear your wife is so understanding.

On a different note, I have found CCBill to be a very respectable and reliable internet billing company. I've never had a problem with getting a membership to a site set up or cancelled that CCBill was the IBC for. On the other hand, sites using iBill have caused me trouble on more than one occasion in the past, though I never was unable to cancel a membership or not have billing to my credit card cease with iBill. They don't make cancelling a membership to a web site easy though, and I now won't even think of becoming a paying member of a site if they use iBill as the IBC.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
JesseCapelli
Official Model

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I don't know if this is possible, but maybe you could send me a cashier's check and I could give you a password. I know ccbill wouldn't like it.... but oh well!! Thanks for taking such an interest in my site!
ps Ron will probably kill me for offering this hehe!!
Jesse xoxo
Wildcard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he'd probably kill you if you offered the guy a free membership. Laughing

Hmm, speaking of free memberships... Wink Smile

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
LAjessefan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a deal.
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well- I'm not a violent person- so there won't be any killing involved. Besides- who would want to kill a hot chick?....

The only thing I am worried about with the money order situation is the paper trails plus "manually" setting up accounts... And if we get volumes of money order in the mail. It gets really tedious to do- that's the whole reason for having ccbill or a billing processor is they handle it for you and post the user/pass.

Back in the days- when I first launched eadultgames.com - I was a newbie in doing memberships - I didn't think the site would do so well nor did I forsee volumes of signups daily. I used paypal back then and asked people to send me paypal along with a user/pass. And it was just work emailing people back and forth. and it took a day sometimes or more.. because some people would send money but forget to send a user/pass. Or they would pick a username that is taken (or too short/common) and thus more emailing back and forth.

Now- realize that paypal didn't have subscription option or recurring option either. And so if people wanted to renew.... I would have to repeat the same process. And if I didn't check my email for a day or within 12 hours. Somebody would get pissed cuz they paypaled me and thinking I ran off with the money... (because i was sleeping and I didn't email them back asking for their user/pass. as soon as they sent it). ugh....

Everyday- It was work setting up accounts. Between that and making new games... I had no time for a social life. So then I looked into billing processors.. and behold! Life got easier and better--- and more money rolling in. And more time for making new games.....

ANYWAYS- that's the long story...... hopefully you all can appreciate and understand the above story from somebody running a website membership service.

Other issues- via mailing is- "lost/stolen" checks.. Since you are sending it via snail mail. If it doesn't come through- we end up having situations of distrust. Where we don't get it and the sender will say- but I sent it in. Well- crap. I'd be pissed if I was the sender- and I would feel a) ripped off. or b) plain pissed off at the postal service. The money then is "lost". Versa electronic payment you can always track where it went. Get refunds or credits. (protection by the bank or cardcompany.) - the downside of these protections are abuses... such as chargebacks- but that's a different story.

-R

Wildcard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Back in the days- when I first launched eadultgames.com - I was a newbie in doing memberships - I didn't think the site would do so well nor did I forsee volumes of signups daily. I used paypal back then...

I'm sure glad you're not using Paypal anymore, Ron, otherwise I would not be a member of eAdultGames. I HATE PAYPAL!!! Mad

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> Jesse Capelli Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: