What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Java Runtime/Microsoft VM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> ClubJanaCova.com Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Java Runtime/Microsoft VM Reply with quote

Hi, everyone:

We recently made a discovery (through trial and error) that Microsoft no longer bundles the Java Runtime/Microsoft VM with new computers/Windows OS. Crying or Very sad And, as you know, you need these to watch video's, and to join Jana's live chats.
Wink
If you purchase a new computer in the near future, you can download Java Runtime/Microsoft VM at www.java.sun.com and search for JRE at the site. Very Happy

Pay attention, Electrondady1 - This post applies especially to you! LOL

Rich

P.S.

I don't believe Internet Explorer is being bundled with new computers either ... So that's something else you may want to keep in the back of your mind for future reference.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some good reasons to put off spending a bundle for a new computer.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Wildcard, but some of us may want to buy new ones. I usually buy a new comp every two years since so many advances occur in that period of time.

And, I'm sure now that Microsoft cannot (due to ECC settlement) bundle these "extra's" with new comps ... I bet we don't see any cost savings as a result either (so Microsoft ends up making out financially anyway!!??!!).

Personally I thought all those changes only effected the European market, but apparently not. Electrondady1 is in Canada and he doesn't have JRE with his comp!?!

Rich

Hey, electrondady1, I'm curious ... Did your comp have Internet Explorer? I was told that isn't being bundled anymore either.
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcard LOL - I initially missed the pun ("Bundle") - Funny!
Wildcard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you got a belated chuckle out of it. That little joke was the whole purpose of the posting actually. Just spreadin' some laughs around. Smile

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wildcard wrote:
That little joke was the whole purpose of the posting actually. Just spreadin' some laughs around. Smile

Oh, so you don't like the important information I posted? Well, lets hope your comp doesn't die and you have to buy a new one. Because when that happens you'll be saying "Oh, God, now where the hell was that post from Rich?"

Rich

www.clubjanacova.com <---- You really need to come talk to Jana live this Sunday ... I promise you'll have a great time!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job on posting this information Rich.

Yes- I've known this information too- But for most people who are not technical- They will most surely end up running into some trouble...

Thanks for sharing it!

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
But for most people who are not technical- They will most surely end up running into some trouble...

I know, Ron, and it particularly applies to Electrondady! - We haven't heard from him in days ... I'm worried about him. Poor guy is like the Charlie Brown of Canada! He's had nothing but trouble since he got his new comp. He's been trying so hard to get to Jana's chats, and when he finally makes it - Wham! No JRE on his comp!

And I don't think he's been here or at Yahoo since I posted about the downloads ... So I'm wondering if something else didn't happen to his comp (a virus? hardrive crash?) .... And like you said, when you don't know anything about comps, the most minor problems seem enormous.

Rich
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> ClubJanaCova.com Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: