What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Fantastic Artwork!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phaderus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: Fantastic Artwork!!! Reply with quote

This is the only site I have ever paid for and it is worth every penny. Thanks for putting together such a great site! Jeff's art is some of the best I have seen in the computer animated arena and his comics and pin-ups are excellent. I read earlier in the message board that he did some work on The Tick, what else has he worked on? I think a bio or list of previous work would be an interesting addition to the site. As to the rest of the site I think its coming along very nicely. The games, pin-ups, comics, and hentai are all top quality. I would like to see more of Jeff's comics, especially featuring the Justice Babes. The best part of this site, though, is its lack of banners, pop-ups, etc. Please keep it that way and I'll be a paying member for a long time. Keep up the good work and I'll post again later with some J-Babe ideas.

P.S. Have you considered adding a site store with posters, t-shirts, etc.?
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words, Phaderus!

Here's my bio in a nutshell (which maybe we can add to the site) -

The first comic book Jeff Whiting ever plunked down 35 cents for was Amazing Spider-man #176, and from there he was hooked on sequential art. He couldn't pass a convenience store without running in and checking the comic racks for new books. Before long, he was copying drawings by some of his favorite artists, like George Perez, John Byrne, and Jim Starlin, and knew that a career in comic art was what he wanted.

He got started doing backgrounds for artist John Beatty, and then landed a job inking over Ben Edlund's pencils for the original Tick series, at New England Comics. From there, Jeff went on to work for Malibu Comics, doing art chores on Street Fighter, The Ferret, and a slew of other titles in the Ultraverse line-up, including Prime, UltraForce, Rune, Prototype, and Hardcase, followed by a smidgen of work in Wetworks for Homage Studios.

Desiring to have more control over his art, and a bigger creative input, Jeff began self-publishing his own full color book, Shanghai, in 1997 under his own imprint Durendal Comics. He wrote, drew, lettered and colored the entire project himself. Later, the imprint mutated into Brick House Digital, as Jeff began experimenting with 3D rendered art in sequential form.

As the sales of printed comics began to decline in last few years, Jeff decided to take the logical progression, and move Shanghai and his art to the web.

Having gone far in life, the Florida native lives a short piece down the road from where he was born, way back in 1964. He's done artwork for the sign business, silk-screened t-shirts, and played the bass guitar in a band for a while.

While creating, Jeff's MP3 player frequently contains Garbage, Kid Rock, Nine Inch Nails, Rush, Yes, or Jethro Tull. Some of his favorite movies are The Fifth Element, Army of Darkness, and Ghost in the Shell. Artistic influences include Roger Dean, Alphonse Mucha, Jim Starlin, and George Perez.

Current diversions include Etherlords, Ultima Online, Diablo 2, and Unreal Tournament.

We've also got a "Making Of" feature in the works, where I'll detail out how the art is created, and a tutorial for computer coloring in Photoshop.

Thanks again for the support!
-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Site Store Reply with quote

We talked about the idea of having merchandise for sale later on. T-shirt of some sort. Right now we're still working on building up the site. But your idea and suggestion on the Site Store is definitely appreciated! It lets us know that at least 1 person out there wants to see a Site Store.

If there are other folks interested in a Site Store as well!- Please speak up!

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: