What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

This Damn Tropical Weather, Dont You Agree Rich?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> ClubJanaCova.com Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigfox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: This Damn Tropical Weather, Dont You Agree Rich? Reply with quote

Hey Rich,
I see your a fellow Floridian, we lucked out w/ Ivan thats for sure. Frances was a mean bitch, Charlie was mild in comparison. I live beach side in Daytona, we had better luck here w/ power and cable than some people did inland. They told us to evacuate. Fuck that shit, my condo is built like a brick shithouse. I just camped out in the kitchen away from all the glass. My power went out for no more than 15 minutes. Cable was down for 5 days w/ Charlie and stayed on for Frances. My brother just called me and said there is another on the way, but I dont see much on radar yet. Its funny how the year I decide to move down here we have more hurricanes than in the last 30 years. Thankfully I'm headed back home next month, if I dont get blown home first. I'll take a foot of snow over a hurricane any day.
Craig
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: This Damn Tropical Weather, Dont You Agree Rich? Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
Hey Rich,
I see your a fellow Floridian, we lucked out w/ Ivan thats for sure. Frances was a mean bitch, Charlie was mild in comparison. I live beach side in Daytona, we had better luck here w/ power and cable than some people did inland. They told us to evacuate. Fuck that shit, my condo is built like a brick shithouse. I just camped out in the kitchen away from all the glass. My power went out for no more than 15 minutes. Cable was down for 5 days w/ Charlie and stayed on for Frances. My brother just called me and said there is another on the way, but I dont see much on radar yet. Its funny how the year I decide to move down here we have more hurricanes than in the last 30 years. Thankfully I'm headed back home next month, if I dont get blown home first. I'll take a foot of snow over a hurricane any day.
Craig

Hey! Nice to see another Floridian here! Yep another one on the way, Jeanne, expected to hit land Sunday! It could hit anywhere between Miami and Stuart - Quite possibly Vero Beach (very near where Frances hit) - So you really need to keep a look-out and stay updated!!!!! It's the same one they thought for sure was going to the Carolina's ... Well it changed course heading back toward us again! We'll see. We were both lucky during Frances it seems, lets hope we remain lucky with Jeanne!?! Shocked

Rich
Rich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, latest forecast (2PM EST Friday) ... Looks like the latest projection of where Jeanne is expected to make landfall is right smack near you!!! Hope you're ready ... It looks like its heading right near Daytona/Jacksonville area someplace!?! Of course, by tonight that could change again. But I hope you're prepared!?!

I don't wish you bad luck, but I do hope that forecast is more true than false because that would put it like 220 miles north of me ... So we'd be okay down here at least!?!

Good luck!

Rich
craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update man. I'm gonna go check radar now.
craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like I'll be moving back in to my kitchen. Filling up the tub with water, and stocking up on as much fresh water as possible. Thankfully I went to the store yesterday. This one looks mild compared to Ivan and Frances. It does not appear to be moving to terribly fast or have winds like Ivan, but you never know there awfully unpredictable. Who knows what will happen when it hits warmer water. Hopefully it will piddle out when it hits land, their saying it will be to us by Sun night Mon morning. Curse you Jeanne! Did you see how it just turned around in its tracks and aimed right for us? I'm begining to think God does not like me too much anymore. The worst weather in 30 years the summer I decide to move south.
Rich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
Well, it looks like I'll be moving back in to my kitchen. Filling up the tub with water, and stocking up on as much fresh water as possible. Thankfully I went to the store yesterday. This one looks mild compared to Ivan and Frances. It does not appear to be moving to terribly fast or have winds like Ivan, but you never know there awfully unpredictable. Who knows what will happen when it hits warmer water. Hopefully it will piddle out when it hits land, their saying it will be to us by Sun night Mon morning. Curse you Jeanne! Did you see how it just turned around in its tracks and aimed right for us? I'm begining to think God does not like me too much anymore. The worst weather in 30 years the summer I decide to move south.

Yep, this one is acting very odd for a hurricane. Went in a circle, changed course, and heading right your way! No offense, but I sure hope it doesn't decide to change again and head due south! Ya never know, maybe it'll go more east and stay out to sea - Anything is possible!?!?! We can only hope.

Rich
craigfox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep thinkin positive man, by the way where you located?
JanaCova
Official Model

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:

Guys I wish you good luck with this hurricane.I hope you will be ok.

jana xoxo
craigfox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Rich it looks like mean Jeanne is gonna make land fall directly between us and head northeast. I'm just stating to get some gusty winds and some spuratic rain. Best of luck to ya down there I'm battoning down the hatches ask we speak.
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JanaCova wrote:
craigfox wrote:

Guys I wish you good luck with this hurricane.I hope you will be ok.

jana xoxo

Thanks, Jana. Hopefully everything will be okay. This one is moving fast, so at least it'll be here and gone within 24 hours, and whatever happens during that time, happens (Ivan moved real, real slow, it took days for that on to pass).
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
Well Rich it looks like mean Jeanne is gonna make land fall directly between us and head northeast. I'm just stating to get some gusty winds and some spuratic rain. Best of luck to ya down there I'm battoning down the hatches ask we speak.

Yep, I guess they expect it to hit around West Palm Beach, but that's only like 50 miles north of me, so we are expecting to have very heavy winds and rains here. Everyone on the coast had to evacuate by 2PM today (which was me). So, I'm at my parents house on their comp right now (but they have dial-up - Boy is THIS SLOW !!!!) Surprised

Rich
craigfox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they said to evacuate if you are beach side but the majoroity of the people in my two buildings have stayed because we have had such good luck here in the past. The main reason they want us to go is if an emergency were to occur they dont want to put the fire/policemen at risk from high winds and flying debris. I stayed here for the previous storms and was not at all affected. In fact if I would have gone to a shelter I would have been stuck ther for 3 days w/ no power till they opened the bridges again while the whole time we had power here. I dont understand that. I'm on the beach, but inland they had more power outages for longer. Again I say good luck and I hope this does not keep us from our internet fun for too long!
craigfox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is funny, it just started really raining here. Guess what song came on my internet radio station? Riders on the Storm by the Doors. Made me chuckle.
Guess you had to be here.
See Ya's,
Craig

Last edited by craigfox on Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
This is funny, it just started really raining here. Guess what song came on my internet radio station? Ridrs on the Storm by the Doors. Made me chuckle.
Guess you had to be here.
See Ya's,
Craig

I am beginning to think you had something to do with this, Craig. This will be the fourth hurricane to hit Florida this year (and also the fourth to hit in a six week period!) - NEVER before happened in history! You move here and suddenly we start making history with hurricane disasters!?! Laughing

It's about 9PM, they expect Jeanne to make landfall sometime around midnight ... So far going between Stuart and Fort Pierce. Those poor folks in Stuart - That's where Frances hit three weeks ago! Also this one will make it's way to Orlando ... Which means Orlando will suffer from Charley, Frances and now Jeanne ... They got it by three of them!!!!

Obviously I still have power ... So we'll see what happens after the weather worsens in a couple more hours. I hope to God I don't lose power because they are saying it will be at least three weeks before all power will be restored for anyone who loses it because they still haven't repaired all the power problems associated with Frances!!!!

Hope you are prepared for power outages (and possibly for long term) in the event you lose it ...

Good luck!

Rich
craigfox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am beginning to think you had something to do with this, Craig.

Shhh.....Dont say that to loud, I'm bound to get lynched. After living through the last 3 years of my life I'm starting to think I'm cursed. I hope for all our sake she looses her gumption and we dont get it to bad. I cant handle 3 weeks with out power.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> ClubJanaCova.com Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: