What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Hullo everybody

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> Jesse Capelli Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Hullo everybody Reply with quote

Hi Groovers, i'm back after a wicked 10 days in the sun, it was FUUUKING HOT!!!!!!. I've also just got a new computer, A Compaq with a massive TFT screen and a 2mb broadband connection......COOOOoooool!!!, (they where only suppose to send a CRT screen but they fucked up the order so i got a way cooler computer for the same price Very Happy)

Lookin forward to watching the webshow, here Jesse's computer is still broken, I reckon she should "accidentally drop" her computer like I did Twisted Evil ,the insurance people where very helpful heheheh!!!!

Very Happy 2 b back, Vanilla
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you back, Vanilla. Glad you had a hot time on your vacation (pun intended - hehehar) Jesse should be enjoying much the same as she soaks up the Hawaiian sun. Her computer problem seems to not have been corrected, but hopefully will be very soon after she returns from her vacation.

That's awesome you got yourself a new computer. I have a Compaq too, and the thing is a real trooper considering how many hours each day it's in use. Have a blast with yours. Smile

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Vanilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computers always fuck up at the worst possible time, mine went arse over tits the morning i was suppose to be going to Greece. I wish i was in Hawaii, i fuckin hate the british climate cuz it's always fuckin grey and raining.

Compaq's are the dogs bollocks, P.C's are so easy to set up compared to AppleCrap's, I only got the Computer this morning and i had everything up and running in like an hour. (and i'm shit at networking!!) My broadband connection runs at lightspeed aswell and it's got a DVD burner and i tunes and loads of other stuff that i don't know how to use.....Cooooooooool heheheh!!!!.

Right now i'm getting carried away haha!!! Very Happy Wink

Vanilla
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanilla wrote:
I only got the Computer this morning and i had everything up and running in like an hour. (and i'm shit at networking!!) My broadband connection runs at lightspeed aswell and it's got a DVD burner and i tunes and loads of other stuff that i don't know how to use.....Cooooooooool heheheh!!!!

Sounds mucho rad, dude! Congrats on your spiffy set up. At last we don't have to listen to you bitch about all your computer woes. Laughing

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Vanilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah this computer won't fuck with me, the last one fucked with me and ended up in computer heaven, this one should know better heheh!!! Wink .

Oh yeah, what's a really good firewall for P.C's, i've got a norton one (and antivirus) for 60 day's then i've either got to update of get another, any suggestions? Very Happy
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Norton firewall should be a pretty decent one to use. I'm sure there are other good ones to choose from too though.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
craigfox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not know Microshit has SP2 available for download. It features a new improved Windows firewall witch seems to be working just fine. I am using Trend Micro for a virus scan program and it now features a firewall and antispam filter. You have the option to use whatever features you like on Trends program. Windows will bug the hell outta ya untill you set things up properly. I dont seem to be having any problems as of yet and I set things up on the 6th of this month. It already caught a couple of mail viruses so I personally think Trend is the way to go. I've used them since I was new to the computer scene.

Vanilla, since you seem to have the MAC knowledge, what kind of system do you think I might want to look into to run design programs such as Solidworks 04 and Auto CAD 04? As of yet I know nothing of how to use either program or how to use a MAC, but for what the school was offering the programs for I could not pass them up. When I get home I plan on taking a course for Auto CAD at the local community college. Let me know what ya think.
Craig
Vanilla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac and Linux (as far as i know) are unix based O.S systems and as such should work well with C.A.D. programs. Allthough mac's are a pain when it comes to design you will find you will have alot less trouble with font and colour management etc... I don't really know that much about Linux other than it is used alot in the car design industry so it must be pretty good.

Good luck, Vanilla Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Models Forum -> Jesse Capelli Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: