What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Curses, denied again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Curses, denied again! Reply with quote

Oh, before I go off on my little mini-rant (which is somewhat in jest, anyway), I wanted to comment on the latest work posted up. Wow, when you guys want to go hardcore, you ain't kiddin'! Funny to see Flasher not wanting to get left out, and even more funny to see Superior Girl fondling a seemingly oblivious Crypt Kicker while watching and wondering how they, too, could get some. Love the new She-Bulk wallpaper, too! Strange to see her on her tiptoes, but she seems to like to stand that way a lot.

Okay, now onto my only somewhat serious mini-rant. It seems as if She-Bulk is denied yet again! This time it wasn't so heartbreaking seeing her loose the contest, as she never was close in voting to Flasher, but as she's my favorite character, I just needed to get that off my chest. I really do like all of the heroines and villainesses we've seen so far, and there are at least a few waiting in the wings I can't wait to see be introduced sometime. Curse you guys for making such a great site and characters that, even when my favorite character loses (again!), still makes me feel as if she's won!

Terry
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Always a bridesmaid Reply with quote

I thought the green girl would take it from the start, but she's been shut out every time - it's been close in a few though! I think her time will come soon. I've been wanting to dig into a pictorial of her since the start, and hopefully the longer wait will just make it all the better!

Thanks for the kind words on the site!

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
hollow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Orbital Mind Control Lasers Reply with quote

Just why are they getting all eager, hmm? I suppose I could understand Flasher - she's always seemed a little flighty - but come on. They have a villain to nab. Focus, people, focus! Pay no attention to the man behind the babe! Resist! Maybe WB will slap some sense into them.

OTOH, you think Kicker ever puts those guns away? (No, not those guns.)

Speaking of huge. Suzy triumphantly returns to the site! Although. Um. Man. I thought WB was a bit on the huge side. These are crazy big. I miss the original figure. Including the face. This one's a bit wide, the nose a bit flat-bottomed, the brow a bit too heavy, the curls a bit short. The lips, however, look superb. The costume (what I can see of it) also looks good. Is it hand painted? Looks to be. I guess this figure fits her stats better. Still missing the original. Sniff.

Nordic Fox is helping me get over it, though. Yeah, the costume is Chayne Lynx. But it's the best-looking pieces of that set - and the figure's fantastic. Wow. Hair and face are great! She's gotta be freezing, though. Somebody give her a scarf.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:04 am    Post subject: More than a handful Reply with quote

Back when we were first doing concepts for the characters, I didn't have that many female models, but now we're trying to make each girl unique, so it's not just the same figure with different hair and outfits. She turned out to be a little more voluptuous than her initial sketch. Suzy's costume is hand-painted, as we didn't want to change that from the original concept art. She's still a work in progress, so maybe her chest could be turned down a notch...

Thanks for the comments! More Nordic Fox is on the way.

-Jeff

hollow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Any more than a basketful is wasted Reply with quote

No worries! More of the Fox is appreciated. But, first things first. It's December...

And actually I'm glad to see unique figures. (And personalities too, for that matter.) It'd be interesting to see whether we could tell them apart just from the face or body. What happens to 3D fan art? Would there be a chance of you sharing or selling licenses to use parts of your models?
Eegore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: I can wait for my She Bulk...really, I can...I think Reply with quote

I'm of a like mind with Terry...and with Jeff. I thought the Bulkster would be one of the first Babes to win the monthly vote. But I also agree that the wait, while excruciating, just makes the inevitable payoff more enjoyable.

On another tack, I admit I wasn't one of the members who voted for more hardcore stories and images (the one of Superior Girl battling the phallic-serpent thingie gave me the willies). I was more than happy with the TITillation that was going on the first 40 or so pages of Trophy Hunt. BUT I have to say that the light touch with the dialogue has made this shift in style much easier to, um ... swallow. And Flasher is definitely growing on me. Sassy!
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:41 am    Post subject: More than a mouthful Reply with quote

Flasher is turning out to be a fun girl!

We're trying to keep a humorous edge to the hardcore stuff, so it stays enjoyable. We'll definately include action and your typical super-heroine stuff, but instead of a continual tease, now you get to go the whole nine yards.

I've been wondering if anyone can tell what Voodoo Child was really saying on page 47... (a lady shouldn't talk with her mouth full).

Thanks for watching!

-Jeff

Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Models Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Superior getting hosed down by the tentacle monster was one of my faves to do. Gotta love heroines in peril, being attacked by a good tentacle monster...

Hollow-
Most of the models I use are purchased with a license for single user only, so I can't re-distribute, copy, or sell them. Wish I could, but them's the rulez!

-Jeff

Eegore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:55 am    Post subject: Muffled words...well, I think I got most of 'em Reply with quote

It's the second half of her first comment that I'm not sure of. She starts with "No way! Tell them ..." After that, I can't figure it out.

The second one is easy: "Mother fuckers!"
hollow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: huhh huhh huhh, eh huhh thum muh Reply with quote

"Tell them to f*ck off." "Go home" is possible, but given the language so far, the former's more likely.

Eegore: we're a bloc. The tentacle pic gave me the willies too, but the humor is much appreciated, when it's there. OTOH I haven't voted for She-Bulk yet. I voted Flasher for Oct and Nov, and just when I change to Daisy Cutter, Flasher wins!

Jeff: the third-party stuff you use can't be redistributed, I'm sure, and I wouldn't expect it to be. If I were able to create fan art, I'd consider it perfectly reasonable to buy stuff like Pollenatrix' outfit separately. But what about the models you create yourself? Does Poser's EULA not allow you to give or sell them? (Or are they derived from third-party, maybe?)
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Double-D Wireframes Reply with quote

I don't really create much in the way of models myself. If I don't have something I need, I usually have to paint it in. As we've seen recently, I think the painted on outfits are much more appreciated that the clothing models - probably because they turn out exactly how I'd draw them by hand, and I don't have to compromise.

-Jeff

Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject: Got it Reply with quote

By the way, you guys got the dialogue! Very good!

-Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: