What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Questions for Jeff, please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Questions for Jeff, please Reply with quote

Hello again Mr. Whiting. When you were at Renderocity, I asked you a question about one of your pics. I was never able to find out if you replied or not. Could I please ask you again, now?

Was the "December 2001" picture in the SPLASH GALLERY inspired by the comic book "Glory Christmas Special?" She reminds me of Mike Deodato's Glory doing the snowman "thing." Smile

Many of your characters are "takes" on Marvel or DC heroines. Some are pretty obvious. Some were even at Renderocity as the "real thing." For instance, your Wonder Broad was put up as Wonder Woman and you did an excellent Mary Jane Watson Parker. Sometimes, though, the take is not apparent and I cannot figure out who it is supposed to represent (or parody or whatever). Here are a few:

Is Heavy Water supposed to be a take of Roxy from Gen 13. The hair looks like hers but she is much larger than Roxy.

Is Faith like the Black Widow? She looks like you Black Widow work a while back.

Is Daisy Cutter like Glory? Is that her in the December Splash pic?

What other game girls are posted beside Diablo 2 stuff?

If these questions ar awkward, I apologize. If you do not wish to reply here, please email me. I would be grateful for your answers. Thank you very much.

Benjamin
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Q&A Reply with quote

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the kind words.

I never read any Glory books. I bagged out of mainstream comics a while back and haven't found much recently to make me want to start collecting again. I guess I'm a little sour that some of my favorite artists dropped out of site at a time when comics really needed them. Must be more profit elsewhere.

Some of my old hand-drawings were of the original characters, but everything we've done here since we started the site is a parody or an original. Some are a bit more easy to recognize, but some are just leaned on a bit.

Heavy Water, Faith and Daisy Cutter are all pretty much originals, although there isn't much material featuring them yet. We've heard from some members that there are too many babes, and we should maybe focus on a core group, but there will always be new ones as pin-ups and puzzles to keep things fresh. The international babe survey from a few months ago didn't generate much heat, so that idea has taken a back seat to more comic pages.

Haven't really done any more Diablo 2 girls. Got some nice comments, but we focused more on the comic babes recently. Maybe if the come out with Diablo 3 we'll do more!

Thanks for the comments and questions! It's always welcomed!

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: