What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Duuuude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Duuuude. Reply with quote

That's evil, all right... I wasn't even expecting EVERY piece to be a square. Wouldn't work with real pieces, of course. I kinda liked it, masochist that I am.

Now if it was a picture I hadn't seen before, that'd be even eviler. (Eviler?)
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 5:06 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Haven't done many pinups lately to concetrate on the new comic story. I'm still a few pages ahead, so there's going to more of it for the next few days. Once we get some achievement in the comics area, we'll focus on some of the other areas. Hope you guys like the new material!

-Jeff
Yahoo Messenger (webcam/voice chat) - tempusfugit9
icq - 139841542

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
hollow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Burma Shave Reply with quote

By all means, continue the comics. I'm really glad to see all the progress! Theoretically, if you were able to do a page a day indefinitely, that'd be worth the money to me right there.

Minor fashion problem: Flasher's costume. Do you think the black in the middle makes her appear ill-defined in that region? Anything that accentuates the middle form might help, like shinier black, or additions (or subtractions) on that region. Hmm. Maybe not more shine; personally I'm not keen on the latex look. Frankly, I like her costume a lot, so I'd hate to change anything.

I'm noticing that 3D-rendering as a general medium is still maturing. There's still much to prefer in a traditional comic. Even with the breakthrough that is CuriousLabs' Poser and other inexpensive software out now, apparently it's still a lot of work to create natural-looking poses, not to mention the sheer amount of props, clothing, textures, etc., aside from the usual work of writing an entertaining story.

Doing a quick web search, I notice loads and loads of emerging artists, selling all manner of material for use in rendered art. My impression (myopic, to be sure) is that in maybe a year or so, it'll hit critical mass, and an aspiring creator can pay more attention to artistic license and content and less on the drudgework of creating the environment.

You're the expert here, Jeff - what's your take on this? Do you think it takes more work to do a 3D comic over a traditional one? Is it 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration?
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Costume Reductions Reply with quote

Flasher's costume is still a work in progress, but I think on the next page it won't be an issue for much longer. If she gets dressed again, then maybe she can have more red.

I'm really busting ass to get a page a day out, and I won't be able to keep the pace up forever, but I'm trying to balance quality with quantity. The art isn't the top level I can do, which takes a lot longer rendering and setting up scenes, but I know that people want material, so I think I've found a good work method. Also, I'm into the story right now, which I think makes the artwork better.

A lot of other online comics are more strip-like - single panels on a page. I'm really striving for a more traditional comic book feel, with breaking the borders and having a more organic look to the lettering. My goal is to produce something that could stand against traditional comics on the shelves, and hopefully I'm getting closer to the mark. As machine speeds increase, and the software gets better, the rate I can produce artwork is speeding up. In traditional comics, there is a writer, penciler, inker, colorist, letterer and editor - and this team produces about a page a day. I'm accomplishing close to the same on my own (while working a full-time day job). I think the 3D stuff has a big future in comics!

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: