What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Vanessa Nominated for Italian Comic Artists of Web Comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rikardo
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Vanessa Nominated for Italian Comic Artists of Web Comics Reply with quote

Please read here for further info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/320109804225/permalink/10154471874219226/

http://theelzeronchronicles.webcomic.ws/comics/1/
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay a link I can't do anything with. *tosses confetti in the air*

How about you just give us a summary of what's on the other side of that link, for those of us who are voluntarily Facebook challenged; rather than assume every man, woman and child can follow the link because it's such a popular thing that there couldn't possibly be anyone who doesn't have a page on it.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( Ease up, Silv, geeze.

It's a reasonable assumption that the audience has a Facebook account. Facebook has been out for years now, and Grandparents use the doggone thing.

It's no different than when people post links to their art on Fur Affinity. You're on PBB, so it's highly probable that you'll have an account at FA... but if you don't, you can't see some of the pics that are linked there. Case-and-point, Jessica just posted some pics that you need an account to see.

Anyway, ease up Silv, it's not the end of the world.

But, before you go tearing off my head, here is cat-Vanessa's comment:

Hello! I am nominee for an award: for Italian female comic artists of web comics. Since YOU are the readers and fans of Pleasure Bon Bon (which is not in Italian language and therefore is not widely known in my country) you can support me (I was selected precisely for the work on PBB! Smile ) with your vote. Here the list of the nominees ( look for Vanessa Santato Wink :

))
Silvador
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furaffinity and Facebook are two entirely different things.

For one, Furaffinity is little more than an image hosting site (obviously with added features).

Facebook, however, is a social medium.

Furaffinity is a stand-alone site. It has zero integration with other sites and is separate from social structures and company business plans. While a portion of content on FA does require an account to view, making an account on FA can be kept silent and private. One need not worry about having a "presence" on FA if they so desire.

Facebook, however, is considerably more... loud. Like smart phones and the internet, almost everyone alive assumes you have these things because "they are the thing to have" because "it's the internet/a smart phone/facebook, why don't you have it?". To make an account on Facebook is to declare your presence which only invites the mindless masses to either harass and berate you, or needlessly request to be your "friend" just so they have a bigger friend list than "the other guy".

Having an account on FA is a necessity (in part) for a very specific purpose, and no other purpose. Having an account on Facebook serves no purpose, yet is somehow elevated to the status of "if you don't have a facebook account you must be some sort of pleb who lives in a 3rd world country in a cave".

Presuming someone has an FA account because they like furry characters and interact with the furry community in some, even small way, is a sound and valid presumption.

Assuming someone has a Facebook account just because they breath and "everyone else has one" is, quite frankly, arrogant and narrow minded.

Fursonas: http://tinyurl.com/yzcsyug
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I really shouldn't, but I'm going to Silv.

Quote:

Furaffinity is a stand-alone site. It has zero integration with other sites and is separate from social structures and company business plans.

Except for all the add space the offer to whatever and whomever, from conventions to marketing sites.

Quote:

While a portion of content on FA does require an account to view, making an account on FA can be kept silent and private. One need not worry about having a "presence" on FA if they so desire.

And you can do the same thing on Facebook, eBay, Games Workshop, Lego, Anime News Network, TSRI, Steam, DL-Site, military.org, etc. etc. etc. Any site you can sit, lurk, read, and participate as much, or as little as you like.

Quote:

Facebook, however, is considerably more... loud. Like smart phones and the internet, almost everyone alive assumes you have these things because "they are the thing to have" because "it's the internet/a smart phone/facebook, why don't you have it?". To make an account on Facebook is to declare your presence which only invites the mindless masses to either harass and berate you, or needlessly request to be your "friend" just so they have a bigger friend list than "the other guy".

Again, you can participate as much, or as little, as you like on any forum or webstie, Facebook, FurAffinity, and PBB-Forum included.

It is a reasonable idea that someone has a Facebook page, regardless of how much they do or don't use it. In addition, as a corollary to the idea, since Facebook is very prevalent online media site across the globe, he is including the largest section of the global population.

Does he include you, no. But it's not as a slam to you or to exclude you. If you don’t want to be on Facebook, that's your call. However, you shouldn't be getting all snarky with the original poster for linking to a website that you choose not to use.

Quote:

Having an account on FA is a necessity (in part) for a very specific purpose, and no other purpose. Having an account on Facebook serves no purpose, yet is somehow elevated to the status of "if you don't have a facebook account you must be some sort of pleb who lives in a 3rd world country in a cave".

I didn't say that, nor did my original post. I could care less if you have Facebook, FurAffinity, or whatever.

My kabitz to you, Silv, is that you have this elitist, self-righteous, exclusive, condescending, derogatory, demeaning, nasty, passive-aggressive, way to talking down to people who don't share a modicum of your world-view. And you do it constantly.

You could have just as easily posted, "Hey Ricardia, could you post Vanessa's thoughts." And it would have been no-harm-no-foul. Instead you mocked him for putting up a link that you can't use because you've chosen not to participate (in any manner) with that type of social media.

Quote:

Presuming someone has an FA account because they like furry characters and interact with the furry community in some, even small way, is a sound and valid presumption.

Assuming someone has a Facebook account just because they breath and "everyone else has one" is, quite frankly, arrogant and narrow minded.

Um… it's "breathe" not "breath", but anyway. Sorry, just my sense of humor found that amusing.

Anyway, I don't see how you can have one thing, but not the other. Just because you're on PBB doesn't mean you have an FA account. To use an anecdotal data set, I go to Hentai Foundry… don't have an account there. I go to DeviantArt… don't have an account their either. I also use New Grounds... and, again, no accout there as well. When I miss out on stories art or whatnot, because I don't have an account, and therefore don't have permissions, I don't post and wig out against someone. It's my choice not to have the accounts at those places, and I fully understand that it will limit my ability to do anything there. Shoot, I have an account at Fur Affinity, and I haven't been there in like… four months. I have an account at BattleNet, and I haven't been there in over two-and-a-half years.

You made the choice not to be part of Facebook, for whatever reason. Don't be snippy at a poster who links to Facebook, because you can't participate in it.

Anyway, back on topic...

Good Luck Getting the Award cat-Vanessa! And, if nothing else, congrats on the nomination and the recognition for your work. ))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: