What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

The VC animation's cool...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: The VC animation's cool... Reply with quote

...but there's a few observations:

- What's she doing exactly?

- It's kinda low-res. (With all due respect to bandwidth, etc.)

Still, I could see a cool feature, having anims of all the characters doing various things on their bios. Sorta like the opening to the Justice League cartoons on Cartoon Network.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Animation Reply with quote

That's just a sample animation, pretty much, showing her flex and put into motion. I want to do more of a movie trailer type animation in the near future, and the new version of the software I use should be out next week, with a much improved render and animation engine.

The Voodoo animation serves as just an appetizer for things to come (I hope!).

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
hollow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: 21st Century Voodoo Fox Reply with quote

Ah, I see. In that case, I should comment more on the content, which was pretty cool after all... lemme review it again.

Lemme review it again.

Lemme review it again.

Okay, that's enough.

The movement is nice and smooth, but that weave at the end looks kinda weird. Dancing? It's hard to tell. Also, the figure seems a bit stiff. If you know what I mean. What about a bit more springiness? Not too much, mind you. There's a "Making Of" demo for the game Riven I once saw (great game, btw!), where they show a bridge being lowered. When it stops, they flex the wireframe a bit to simulate a small bounce in the unsupported end of the bridge. Stuff like that would add some nice realism, eh?

I think that's what makes the weave at the end look weird. There's no - umm - heheh - swaying. Still, the Voodoo model looks really great, I gotta say. You got a winner there... good choice for the first BotM.

That reminds me of something I was curious about. How easy is it to model flexing of materials in Poser and other 3D rendering apps? Say for instance a paperweight is placed on a cushion. How easy is it to show the cushion pressed in by the weight? (I could imagine an app with a database of common materials, with rules on how to simulate various types and directions of forces. More realism.)

Another realism touch: just how heavy is that scepter of hers? It looks like it's made to swing two-handed... I wonder how it looks to wave around something that heavy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: