What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Crypt Kicker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Crypt Kicker Reply with quote

Looks like CK will be the feature this month. It seems most folks want between 6 to 9 months in between appearances. There's a core group that are more popular characters, and hopefully the artwork improves enough over time so that another sequence by characters will be even better than before.

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
hollow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: One would hope, yesss. Reply with quote

(ominous gaze)

Seriously though, core chars is what I'm afraid of. BotM could get dominated by She-Broads and Wonder Bulks, and poor little Coal Miner's Daughter, the hot new babe next door from Scranton, Pennsylvania, never gets her chance in the sunshine...

At the same time, core chars are cool enough to want them featured again.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to lean on you to feature a Babe of the Year. Meh-heh-heh-heh. (If you did, then 12 months works perfectly; you'd have exactly 12 entries every year. See? I'm thinkin' ahead...)
Benjamin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Core girls Reply with quote

Personally, I find the idea of "core" girls appealing. A glance at Character Bios shows that you guys have tons of girls already. But regular heroines are what build comics. We lust after them because of the stories that develop them. Anyone can draw a cartoon babe. But creating an interesting character takes real talent. Out of curiosity, who would qualify as a core girl? Wonder Broad, She Bulk, Flasher, and Crypt Kicker, right? How about villains? Voodoo Child, right? Who else? Please do not overwhelm us with too many at once. Remember the old Legion of Superheroes? At one time they had THIRTY heroes! That was so many that no one character could really be treated properly. I am a newbie still so forgive this question. But are the girls I mentioned the Justice Babes (as a proper name) rather than having that as the name of the web site?
hollow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: The Apple Core Gang Reply with quote

The only reason those are core, I'd say, is because they're the first ones that happened to have a story on them.

There's not a whole lot of background yet. I say this as someone who's been watching the site since Dec 2001 or so. We haven't seen JBHQ; we only know it exists from Flasher's pictorial. The characters aren't that fleshed out either, IMO; what stories are there are fluffy and humorous, which is a backhanded way of saying there's no Mutant Angst(tm) yet. (That's a good thing, actually.)

I guess I'm ambivalent WRT core chars. I like 'em fine; I just don't want to see BotMs repeating every nine months. Of course, I'm definitely on board for repeats. I cringe at the thought of 72 (seventy-two!!) babes after six years. I think my head would explode. Ten or so cores with maybe thirty or so supporting roles would be cool. Hard to say. Never know when a nifty new idea'll come along.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Too many Aztecs Reply with quote

I agree that the Babe of the Month shouldn't be a rotation of a select few every couple of months. If we drop, say Wonder Broad back in amonst some who haven't been featured, she'd almost certainly take it, and there's no surprises in watching the poll. The first few months were really interesting in who came out on top and who didn't. I think after a year, it'll be fun to re-visit some of the girls and find out if the art has improved and do a series of new shots for her.

I'm kind of partial to re-setting the poll on January first and make everyone available again at the some time. New year - clean slate. See if last years faves are still on top, or if they've been unseated and a new queen rises up.

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: