What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Thunderstorm watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollow

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Thunderstorm watch Reply with quote

I finally had a chance to gaze in breathless wonder at Thunderstorm's layout and come up with some merciless nitpicking.

1 - Love the simple pose. The font is a great fit, too. Sky darkens at the top, just in time to give nice contrast with her hair. Her hair, by the way, looks pretty good, but alas, not perfect; but that's Poser's fault.
2 - Got a ruins kit, I see. It's a great set; the textures are dense enough that you don't get the typical problem of a high-detail model looking like it's nowhere near the low-detail surface it's up against. In other words, she really looks like she's standing on that stone. The chain-and-choker outfit doesn't do it for me, but she still looks great. Good facial expression, too.
3 - Lovely trees. Lovely pose and angle. Her left boot's really hard to pick out from the right one, here. Didja notice? It's like silver camou.
4 - Is her face different? Her nose looks narrower (but still cute). Hmm. The pose looks a bit unnatural. Her right arm looks lifted for no reason, and her left hand from that angle looks like a paddle (like the thumb is as long as the fingers). I love her hair and expression here, and the lighting's wonderful.
5 - "I have you now, Ms. Storm." Hehe. I'm having a bit of a depth perception problem here; the three-part lighting fixture thingy behind her looks like it's attached to the tube snaking down from the top, which in turn looks like it's attached to the big ring. But whatever. She's cute.
6 - Great pose, GREAT costume. Not much more to say...
7 - Mmm. Those poses really bring out their assets, eh? But now, why doesn't Rascal look two inches shorter than TS?
8 - Wow! Great job! How much work did those poses take? Everything presses together just about right, without any weird intersections... The only problem I have is with Rascal's hair. The front lock looks kinda dowdy. Plus, given her pose, it should drape down, covering her face. That would of course take a lot of the fun out of this picture. Maybe if it were swept to the right side of her face. Then her eyes would be visible too.
9 - Another great simple pose a la #1. (How does she make lightning curve like that? Can she tie knots with it?)
10 - And another. Hmm. Hair looks a little poofy around her neck area.
11 - Argh. This shows the problem I have with texture. The grass is so low-res it looks much closer than she is. Especially with that high-res tree there. Also, her hand placement makes the slope look shallow, while the tree position makes it steeper (partly because she looks like her shoulders are almost leaning against the trunk). And why is the styracosaur there? Is she at one of those roadside parks? Oh well. She looks gorgeous as usual.
12 - Perfect texture here. Looks almost like a photo. Hair's a little segment-y, but it frames well.

Overall, another great set. I woulda liked more shots of her running around in her main outfit. Halfway zipped. Or halfway unzipped. However you want to look at it. My favorite shot this time: #1.

Looks like Rascal's gonna win next month. Too bad Psionic's not available right now. I woulda soooo voted for her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: