What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

slipknot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
test user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: slipknot Reply with quote

Alley, I would like to know what do you think about a metal band called slipknot? Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance fot the answer to my question!

with love,
test user (I'm not testing anything, I'm just a test user...)
Rolling Eyes love
test user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any comments? Wink
orange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Deftones, which a such nickname, I'm not surprised! Wink As for me, I'm not really in this wave of nu metal but in the 80's, I listened a lot of the bands from bay area like exodus, slayer, metallica, death angel, possessed, testament,... Well it was a long time ago and now I'm surfing in other musicales universes! Enjoy music friends! Very Happy
paintballa85

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer Stone Sour to Slipknot, too bad they only made one album.
black wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that slipknot ranks with black label society and all the bands that came before...they have their niche they carved out...though...what reference do you prefer? headbanger or metal-head?
Wicked Jester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geesuz, man, ain't nobody listening to anything but heavy metal no more? What about some nice old fashioned country? Or maybe some Irish folkmusic? Y'know, The Dubliners, sumthin' like that...
black wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually,the other forms of music are more popular,in mainstream radio that is,than heavy metal...i kinda think of it that it has been returned back to the place it truly belongs...out of the public eye...the best heavy metal is not on the radio but the rock venues and the music stores that choose to have a broad range of metal...though the other forms are alot larger...but alot of headbangers are influenced by alot of other forms of music,ranging from classical to operatic to country all the way to jazz and so forth...kinda ironic that a dude named wicked jester with a dragon avatar should make such a statement... Cool
anyways you ever hear of jim croce or john denver?
Wicked Jester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, you ain't the first one to find it ironic. But hey, if nature didn't have a sense of humor, dark though it is, it never would have created me Twisted Evil

But no, I haven't heard of Jim Croce. I've heard the name John Denver at some point, but I don't really know anything about him... I listen more to Runrig, Dubliners, Wolfstone, that sort of thing. I've got a wide range of music I listen to, but heavy metal ain't really one of 'em... unless you put Tom Waits in that category... And Nick Cave is really good, too.
black wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim crrrrroce isn't heavy metal...he's morrre like folk rrrrrock to be prrrrecise...he is worrrrrth listening to,i sincerrrrrely believe....naturrrre has a sense of humorrrr...look at the platypus.... Mr. Green
but if you wish to perrrrruse heavy metal...starrrrt at the beginning...black sabbath...otherrrrs may arrrrgue they starrrrrted heavy metal but they arrrre influential...it's a thought bud....
Wicked Jester

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sumthin' else, I'll take Nightwish any time! Love their music... 'specially Slaying The Dreamer. It just rocks!

Well, I've heard a little Black Sabbath... not much, though... mostly when my brother plays it...
black wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo nailed me to the wall when my lair-mate played the video on his computer...fifteen minutes later...i was at best buy buying the cd....it got me good.nightwish is very good indeed.
Supermark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never really a fan of Slipknot until the Duality single dropped and I was like damn that rocks hard and I would play it over and over! Vermillion and Vermillion Pt. 2 kick ass too. I also liked Bother by Stone Sour. Corey Taylor is quite the lyricist and vocalist.
black wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep...he is...i am impressed on how he can growl one moment and the next actually sing...before i forget is a good single...stone sour,i kinda think,stays away from hardcore riffage and actually involves melody as a main component of the music...alot of american bands kinda use hardcore riffs and constant growling as vehicles of the song...way too much i think...black label society is a band that actually uses melody and real singing as hard hitting tools.stone sour is also a band that does that...i don't think that we've heard the last of corey...not by a long shot...
craigfox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slipknot rocks! Yes their drummer is the shit. Stone Sour was a side project of Corey Taylors. Thats why only 1 album.....but it's a damn good one! The Nameless I think is the baddest tune off of VOL 3. This album was really tame compared to Slipknot and Iowa if ya ask me. I just found an album called Maximum Slipknot, bout to go check it out. I agree that Corey is one of the better vocalists of our day and a hell of a writer. I jam Black Label alot also. Zak rocks! I've always thought that great vocals make a metal band. I mean you can have it all but if the singer sucks then well... BLS and Slipknot both know how to put it together without a doubt.
test user

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigfox wrote:
Slipknot rocks! Yes their drummer is the shit.

that's weird.. some say he's one of the best in the world...

But I still don't know what ALLEY thinks about this band... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Alley Baggett Forum -> AlleyBaggett.net Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: