What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Battle Game Discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Battle Game Discussion Reply with quote

Let us know what you think of the Battle Game so far!

Keep in mind- we're still tweaking the animation frames, movements, etc...

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
hollow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: You asked fer it Reply with quote

The size is good. Hopefully it's small enough that you can cram a lot of animation in a reasonable space. Frankly, I don't mind the download wait if the game is good (I'm on dialup). It's also large enough that you can see what's going on. If necessary, it could be, oh, half a head smaller, but I wouldn't go further than that. (Consider that at the height they're given in the bios, WB is head and shoulders taller than Pollenatrix, the shortest one; she'd look pretty small even now).

The life bars are OK, but what I assume are match indicators or power-up lights, are kinda "ehh". Something more interesting? If they're match indicators, you could use a little icon of a rose for a win, and cuffs for a tie (get it?); for power-ups, a parallelogram-shaped bar would do fine, and look a bit more dynamic.

Don't forget the time limit.

A background scene for each lady would be great. If it can scroll, even better. If it can zoom out, excellent! (I know Shockwave can handle zooming...)

Definitely needs more frames on everything. You can barely see what she's doing. The speed seems about right, I guess; you'd expect punches, kicks, and jumps to take about that long.

Hopefully, Shockwave lets you detect the difference between holding a key down and separate keypresses. Right now, you can hold down Z and punch continually; it should just punch once. (Same for kick. Jumping repeatedly is probably fine.)

She shouldn't change direction except to face her opponent; however, the new direction shouldn't just be a flip of the image, because the lighting is then wrong.

WB's stance isn't very alert. Which is sorta fine, considering how strong she is. But as cute as she looks standing there, she ought to at least face her opponent. Walking as if she doesn't need to be ready also sorta fits her.

More moves, of course. For starters:
- kicking while ducking (a leg sweep would work)
- punching while ducking
- kicking in midair
- punching in midair
- blocking
- blocking while ducking
This is standard for all the fighters. Then there's extra animationslike
- throwing
- being thrown
- being hit in the head area
- being hit in the middle
- being hit in the legs
- getting back up from her back
- getting back up from her stomach
- being stunned
- the victory pose!

Finally, there's moves distinct to WB herself. She doesn't shoot beams out of her eyes or anything like that; she just seems to have super strength. This alone means her normal punches and kicks should do more damage than other ladies. What else could she do?
- lasso enemies - that would be the cliched thing. But she doesn't carry a rope.
- take off her tiara and throw it like a boomerang
- grab, followed by either knee to the gut, or several punches to the gut. The silly followup, naturally, would be to smother them in her chest.
- uppercut (this would replace a crouching punch for her; arguably, not everyone would do this)
- roundhouse kick
- throw enemy up, punch on the way down (doesn't work on enemies that can fly, like Supes, but she could just follow up a throw with a jump-kick)
- double-fisted overhand swing, with a step forward for more range; slow, heavy damage
- charge-punch and charge-kick (that is, a quick move forward combined with a strong attack; this gives her some short-to-medium range ability)
- reflect projectiles, either off her bracelets, or just punch them back. That way she at least has a long-range response to long-range attacks. She has to time it right, though, or she gets hit.

On the matter of clothing. If you decide to have them rip each other's costumes off as the fight progresses, I would humbly suggest rendering the costumes without any bodies, and superimposing them. This might save some space.

She looks lovely, as always.
animguy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Battlegame Discussion Reply with quote

First of all I would like to say "WOOHOO" The Battle card game was the main reason I joined Justice Babes website back when you first opened the site for membership. While I very much enjoy the comic, I am glad to see the gamebeing worked on again.
Understanding that the animations are still being worked on, I agree with Hollow that a few more frames are needed to make them more fluid.
Background images and special moves are going to be the key and I dont envy you programming the special moves-powers. She-Bulk and Wonder Broad are fairly straight forward but Flasher's speed is another matter.

I for one don't mind larger files in exchange for more eye candy since Im not on dial-up.

This is going to be designed as a multiplayer game rather than a download and play against a computer opponent, right???
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer? Reply with quote

Err- At the moment- it is not something in the plans for doing a Multiplayer Combat. Doing an action based game multiplayer is going to be a big undertaking. We call these "twitch" based games... Very tough to do over the internet.. We're a bit understaffed to handle that.. It'll require a network programmer (client/server) dude to work on this full time to make that happen.

Now the card game itself is feasible to do multiplayer and someday that will become a reality..

For now- the game will have computer opponents as challengers...

And yes- the game is still in development so there'll be lots of tweaking done to the frames and special moves.

Thanks for the comments! keep em rolling! It'll be exciting to see the babes in action. From reading the comics to seeing them play out their battles in the battle game!

-R

http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
animguy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: multiplayer Reply with quote

Thats completely understandable. I have attempted some flash games myself so I know how making them multiplayer increases the complexity.

The good thing about it being single player vs computer, the filesize can be larger and only have to download once (plus new fighters when available)

Thanks for the response
hollow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: The clothing is an extra meg. Reply with quote

I chuckle to think of all the difficulty you'd run into when doing this as MP... It's doable, perhaps, but geez, you'd kill yourself trying. I agree; stick to SP for now. Besides, this keeps people from playing each other and losing on purpose to get the victory reward. (Muahaha.)

And it's not like there isn't tons to do with SP alone. Suppose you just used seven of the fifteen babes in the recent desktop. That's some 14-21 special moves to compose, seven backgrounds, and hundreds of poses to render. It's a good thing Poser can do a lot of the heavy lifting...

Then there's the bosses...

BTW, I wonder how big one pose is in bytes. If it's 2k per pose, I calculate it may take roughly half a meg to fully animate everything I described above, including special moves, for one fighter. Hefty, but worth it. I'd wait the three minutes... I might want to save the Shockwave file, though.
rangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: battle game Reply with quote

I've been a member since day one and I'm really glad to see the battle game making progress. It was one of the main reasons I joined but with all the progress you've made with animation it was well worth the wait. I just wish Heavy Metal was one of the candidates to vote for
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Heavy Metal? or Heavy Water? Reply with quote

I don't think we have a Heavy Metal as a Babe... Maybe Heavy Water?

-R

rangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: battle game Reply with quote

I did mean heavy water, I don't know why I typed Heavy Metal, unless you want to add some music to the battle game
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: