What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

"Tooned" comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cougon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: "Tooned" comic Reply with quote

The moderators asked for feedback here as to how I like the tooned version of the comics over the 3D version. So, I'm giving feedback. I love the 3D version, it's the reason I joined the site. But I really don't care for the "tooned" version. Any other thoughts?
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. It is definitely good to know what works and what doesn't for members.

After all, you guys are the paying customer so we just want to know if anything new we're trying is a hit or miss!

I kind of suspected that myself. I'm personally in favor of the 3D version myself.

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the tooned versions are more of a true "comic book" style of the artwork, so it's not quite as obvious that it's done with 3D models. I kind of like that someone who sees it as a casual glance can't tell exactly how it was done.

The nice thing with this type of art is that most times it can be offered in both formats, so there's something for those who like both.

My personal preference is the tooned version. Wink

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really care much for the "tooned" version at first. Many of the shots looked a bit grainy, like someone had sprinkled some sand on them. And some of them seemed a bit washed out the way the lighting transfered over (pic 5 in Unlimited 2 for example). However, with 'Escape', I think you've really gotten better at the "tooning" technique and most of it looks really amazing. There's still some graininess and lighting issues, but they're minor compared to your earlier attempts. This is a bit of a tangent and I'm not throwing any kind of challenge out there for you (unless you really want to pick it up) but I can't help but wonder what something done in this style would look like animated. Anyway there's, for what they're worth, my two cents. Keep up the good work, Jeff.
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The filters don't quite work so well when there's a large expanse of a single color (or close to a single). It tends to add some stippling which makes the area look grainy and dirty. Where it shines is in large amounts of detail - it really makes it look like it's old-style hand drawn stuff - sort of a Mobius look in a few places. Combined with some of the effects and patterns from Manga Studio, it could almost pass for traditional art at some points.

The goal of that look is to create pure comic art, which is indistinguishable to the eye. There are a lot of comics that you can look at and go, "Oh, Poser art." I want it to be just "art."

The process is still evolving, at any rate. I think it's getting better, as I'm figuring out what techniques to use on certain kinds of shots. We'll always have straight 3D stuff, but as I said before, with this type of art, it's easy enough to have both!
Smile

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: