What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Windows VS Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Windows VS Mac Reply with quote

awwww snap.

this pretty much is a "what operating system do you use thread"
what are your opinions on your operating system, as well as the other oes out there.

marx's four step guide to being popular in the fandom

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Cassandre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'd the baseball bat come from? Hmmm.....A mystery!!!! *gets out detective clothes*
*takes pictures of the picture*
I like the Mac's weapon.

I don't really have a preferance, I'm technologically retarded.
TheBashfulFeline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I'm running Mac OS X Leopard, soon to be Snow Leopard

Very cute box art:

I am a fan of Mac, well because our family was raised on them from day one when we got our Apple 2E. I mean I've been using both at school, and I really dont mind having to use Windowz time and time again, here and there. *Shrug*
lunerlancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Linux only because it can be put in my ps3. windows 7 is my favourite (yes I’m a beta tester for Microsoft.(FREE STUFF YAY) it is able to do anything XP and vista can do plus more (and yes they fixed that stupid account user control cr@# by putting a remember setting button. but I don't know if it is in the final version) Mac is trying there hardest to dis windows and that’s shameful (bad apple, BAD) not only that but only half the games out there work with Mac. now I build computers and make suggestions to people on what com to buy. here’s the specs on what is the best I can build: 10X1 tarrabyte hard drives(10000gb), 4X2 gb 3.5ghz vid cards, 3.33ghz X2 Intel core i7 extreme processors (yes 8 total cores. 3.33X8.do the math), 16 gb ram, 7.5 surround sound, 21' monitor. gamer keyboard and mouse. all for around $3000 the best I’ve made. to get a Mac that good you have to spend around $35000(not joking). And plus I can put Mac OS onto any pc by using a separate emulator that’s legal. So which is better. (oh btw it can run anything and everything with no lag) GO MICROSOFT!!!
Roy_G_Biv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Apple products for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is that Steve Jobs looks like the kind of person to demand one hundred billion dollars from the U.N. before telling Mr. Bond "I expect you to die."
Jerin Nekros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm a die hard mac user. i was raised on them largely due to the fact that my father was a professional photographer, and despite the software limitations mac has always been better at graphics than windows, so i grew up hearing its praises. when i went to school, i got my first exposure to windows, and while it worked, i still preferred the Mac os. Nowadays there are relatively few application restrictions due to some macs now running on the pentium processor, and patch applications utilizing this, such as WINE. once i get enough money, i'm upgrading from my g3 to a macbook air.
Roy_G_Biv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who has used both, I HIGHLY recommend you go for a regular Macbook over the Air. The lack of an internal CD/DVD drive removes any awesomeness the air has.
relentless

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunerlancer wrote:
I like Linux only because it can be put in my ps3. windows 7 is my favourite (yes I’m a beta tester for Microsoft.(FREE STUFF YAY) it is able to do anything XP and vista can do plus more (and yes they fixed that stupid account user control cr@# by putting a remember setting button. but I don't know if it is in the final version) Mac is trying there hardest to dis windows and that’s shameful (bad apple, BAD) not only that but only half the games out there work with Mac. now I build computers and make suggestions to people on what com to buy. here’s the specs on what is the best I can build: 10X1 tarrabyte hard drives(10000gb), 4X2 gb 3.5ghz vid cards, 3.33ghz X2 Intel core i7 extreme processors (yes 8 total cores. 3.33X8.do the math), 16 gb ram, 7.5 surround sound, 21' monitor. gamer keyboard and mouse. all for around $3000 the best I’ve made. to get a Mac that good you have to spend around $35000(not joking). And plus I can put Mac OS onto any pc by using a separate emulator that’s legal. So which is better. (oh btw it can run anything and everything with no lag) GO MICROSOFT!!!

holy crap you can do that for 3000 were do i get mine
AlainDaishar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy_G_Biv wrote:
As someone who has used both, I HIGHLY recommend you go for a regular Macbook over the Air. The lack of an internal CD/DVD drive removes any awesomeness the air has.

I completely agree with Roy_G_Biv.
I'm using Mac OS Leopard, but I also own a pc. The only reason I bought my pc was so that I could play all my old games, like Diablo II and Roller Coaster tycoon. That being said, I prefer my Mac, because I have to do alot of programming and research, and alot of the programs that i run and have to use, are alot easier to use on the Mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: