What's New Our Comics Site Tour Sign Up

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

I feel dissatisfied...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: I feel dissatisfied... Reply with quote

...now that the whole Sidekick Hotline storyline is wrapped up. The party's over... lift up the glasses...

I dunno. It was a great storyline, but it didn't pack quite the punch I hoped it would at the end. It felt rushed, in a word. Which is weird, considering it was a total of 111 pages over four issues. Looking it over as a whole, it seems to have spent the proper amount of time on each plot point, I guess.

Actually, I can point to what's bothering me. Specifically, I really hoped it would take a little more work to overcome the chips' effects. For instance, all Supes had to do was clonk heads, and Flasher and Kicker were cured. Why couldn't Flasher cure Nordic Fox the same way when she punched her in the face? Maybe it required a stronger blow? If so, this wasn't mentioned.

A lot of what happened can also be explained by this chip being a clunky prototype. But again, never mentioned. (I can't help but look forward to Version 2.0...)

I was also hoping for more payoff in the end. No fewer than nine naked ladies, and no splash page fest? Twisted Evil Pages 30, 33, and 34 were almost there, but not quiiite... At the very least, I would've liked to have seen Burning Desire and Nordic Fox in that final page.

Oh well. There's always wallpapers. And overall, it's quite something to see that index of 37 thumbnails for issue 4. Quite something.

I shall miss the Northern Lights. Lucky was kinda fun. Maybe he'll show up from time to time later, faithfully butlering away, and only a prototype control chip malfunction away from turning on them again. Twisted Evil
Jeff
Head Pixelgrinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a story that went on a lot longer than originally intended, and the finale was a little rushed to get it over and done with. I think everyone has been looking forward to seeing some new characters and settings - I know I have!

There was a little digging out after the head clonking that I decided not to show, or it would have been just that many more pages. Two teams of babes and a villain was a bit much to try and tackle all at one time. Everyone has favorites that they'd like to see get attention, but it's hard with so much going on. There have been a few new babes and some old faves that could use a push, like Heavy Water and American Pie.

We're going to try and tackle some smaller "storylines" for a bit and see how that goes over.

-Jeff

JusticeBabes.com Support Staff
hollow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to remember how long a typical paper comic book is, in pages. I don't have any lying around here... I'd guess 18-30 pages of actual page (as opposed to advertising, etc.) As for story arcs, I know there've been quick 18-page ditties. There have also been things like Infinity Gauntlet, which was something like 200 pages(?).

In the interest of constructive witticism... Smile

- Plot points can be made with yellow text boxes, if you like. You seem to use those a lot less than paper comics do, so if you were to lean on those just a bit more, I wouldn't mind. (Just don't block the view. Very Happy)

- If I'm the only one who wants a picture of Humina-Hoo, feel free to tell me to "suck iiiiiit". Very Happy If there's open popular clamor to expand on a given comics scene, however, then I say, that's what huuuge 1280x1024 wallpapers are for! One-shot off-story scenes, which can even be postponed a bit; no need to work them into the storyline, which can continue unabated. Everyone wins as much as they can.

What's everyone think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> JusticeBabes Forum -> JusticeBabes.com Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: